Hi-val to bundle IBM voice recognition software with CD drives
- IBM ViaVoice expands its vocabulary. Gray, Lloyd // PC Week;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p57
Comments on ViaVoice 98, the next generation of IBM's speech recognition software. Versions which will be available and who they are designed for; Pricing; Improvements in natural language capabilities; Hands free correction and editing; The expanded vocabulary; Platforms it runs on; Contact...
- ViaVoice update gives users a say in Web navigation. Du Bois, Grant // PC Week;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p47
Reports on International Business Machines Corp.'s Via Voice Millennium speech recognition software. Capabilities; Specifications; Applications.
- Small step for speech. Bethoney, Herb // PC Week;06/08/98, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p20
Reviews the beta edition of IBM's ViaVoice 98 Executive Edition speech recognition software. Pricing and availability; System requirements; Users who will benefit most from ViaVoice; Performance; Recommendations; Contact information.
- ViaVoice Takes the Typing out of Online Chat. McEvoy, Aoife // PC World;Jul99, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p76
Evaluates the ViaVoice Online Companion from International Business Machines (IBM) Corp. Features, including the capability to speech-enable chat room conversations; Cost; Limitations; Voice-to-text accuracy; Contact point.
- Battle of the Brands: New Speech Software. McEvoy, Aoife // PCWorld;Nov2000, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p100
Evaluates new speech software from International Business Machines (IBM) and Lernout & Hauspie as of October, 2000. How IBM's ViaVoice and Lerner & Hauspie's NaturallySpeaking Preferred 5 offer easy-to-follow audio setup wizards; Features, including noise-cancelling headsets and enhanced Web...
- IBM SELECTS PLANTRONICS TO ENHANCE SPEECH RECOGNITION. // Audiotex Update;Oct2002, p3
Reports that IBM Corp. is using microcomputer headsets of Plantronics Inc., a provider of lightweight communications headsets, to enhance its speech recognition application software ViaVoice. Provision of speech recognition accuracy by headsets through digitally-enhanced audio and...
- Better Living Through Higher Technology. Reed, Fred // Insight on the News;5/6/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p32
Focuses on the effort of IBM Corp. to develop improved speech recognition software. Problems with existing software; Advantages of smoothly functioning speech recognition; Technology involved in the development.
- IBM ViaVoice 98 Executive. Ellis, Darren // Australian Personal Computer;Jan1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p44
Evaluates the ViaVoice 98 Executive voice recognition software from IBM. Features of the software; Capabilities; Price.
- Eliminates Keys, Cards and Codes through Analytics. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p54
Information on a newly developed facial, voice and license plate recognition software is presented.