Drexler offers licenses for CD-R/DVD-R packet writing systems
- The CD-ROM drive sales index. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p15
Presents information on the number of units of compact discs/digital versatile disc drive sales as of August 1998.
- Drexler Technology's Patent Infringement Suit Shines Spotlight on Movie Industry. Rubenstein, Bruce // Corporate Legal Times;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 89, p58
Focuses on Drexler Technology's patent infringement suits against movie companies in the United States. Sound technology patents; Optical data storage patents; Challenge of crafting a damages theory.
- The litigation ledger. // EMedia Professional;Dec98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Presents news briefs concerning litigation activities within the compact disc industry in the United States, compiled as of December 1998. Class action suit filed against Philips Electronics for alleged defects in its CDD2000 series drives; Patent infringement suit filed by CD ROM-USA Inc....
- DISCOVERY channel. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the emergence of compact disc-recordable (CD-R). Cost of CD-R; Emergence of DVD-recordable; Types of DVD movie-copying tools.
- Disc Makers: A 60-Year Track Record of Success. Blessing, Gabriel Parra // Caribbean Business;1/26/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 3, pC10
The article features the Puerto Rican CD and DVD maker and packaging design provider, Disc Makers. The company manufactures CDs, DVDs, CD-ROMs and all related items like packaging and inserts. Disc Makers also designs CD and DVD labels, inserts, packaging, promotional materials and also offers...
- U.S. to pay $1 million for Drexler card system'. Piskora, Beth // American Banker;10/30/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 209, p23
Reports on the federal government's purchase order for optical memory LaserCards and read-write devices from Drexler Technology Corp.
- DualDisc Could Be Successor To Music CDs. Wolpin, Stewart // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/30/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p44
This article focuses on the emergence of DualDisc and considers the likelihood that it will succeed the plain old CD. It is estimated that as of January 30, 2006, there are already nearly 150 DualDisc titles available, including several high-profile discs. Stand-alone DVDAudio titles are...
- Samsung Licenses Ampex DVR Patents. // Electronic News;7/18/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 29, pN.PAG
Reports on the move of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. to license U.S. and foreign patents held by Ampex Corp. for the manufacture and sale of digital video tape recorders and camcorders. Terms of the license agreement; Other license agreements of Ampex Corp.
- Jury rules Thomson's CD patents invalid. Verna, Paul // Billboard;8/17/96, Vol. 108 Issue 33, p4
Reports on a jury's decision on the compact disc (CD) patents held by France-based Thomson Electronics. Impact of the ruling on United States-based manufacturers of CD; Thomson's suit against Disc Manufacturing Inc.