S&P: Housing Finance Agencies Credit Remains Strong Despite Falling Profits
- Das Empire Strikes Back. Engelen, Klaus C. // International Economy;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p64
Reports that the major credit rating agencies are U.S. based, to the detriment of European companies issuing bonds or commercial paper. Failure to take into account prevailing differences in financial ratios as they evolved in a bank-based financial system; Reaction to Standard & Poor's...
- Viv U earns investment-grade boost. James, Alison // Daily Variety;6/2/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 41, p6
Reports that Standard & Poor's has awarded an investment-grade credit rating to Vivendi Universal. Upgrading of the credit rating following the company's merger with NBC.
- Ratings agency backs review outcome. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/22/2004, Issue 226, p6
Reports on the issuance of credit ratings by Standard & Poors' Ratings Services agency for the British Strategic Rail Authority on July 15, 2004.
- VENEZUELA. // Caribbean Update;Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p21
The article reports on the move by the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on August 19, 2011 to reduce its long-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings of Venezuela to B+ from BB-.
- AGENCIES OPEN THEIR DOORS. Rizzo, Frank S. // Financial Executive;May/Jun92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
The article presents the perspective of Frank S. Rizzo of Standard & Poor's Rating Group (S&P) on the increasingly open, customer-focused nature of S&P's operations. Contrary to industry practices in the mid-1970s, S&P now makes considerable efforts to educate market participants about the...
- ILLINOIS: Chicago Suburb Gets Negative. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/24/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32968, p9
The article reports on the revision of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s outlook to negative in Berwyn's general obligation (GO) debt as it faces another budget shortfall and tightened liquidity in Illinois. The revision comes as the city prepares to enter the market with $7.6 million in GO debt. If the...
- Rating Agencies Yet to React to Stockton, Calif., Utility Ruling. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/22/2006, Vol. 352 Issue 32514, p7
The article reports that the ruling of the court nullifying a $600 million contract for Stockton, California to outsource its water utility operations, brought no impact on the city's credit rating. A report published by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services states that the ruling would not change...
- Hyundai Motor given negative credit rating. // Automotive Engineer;Jan98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the negative long-term credit rating given by financial and market information company Standard & Poor's to Hyundai Motor Company. Factors that contributed to the negative rating; Reasons behind decline in Hyundai sales in the Korean market; Destabilizing factors for the automotive...
- Growing Hamilton County, Ind., Nets S&P Upgrade to AA-Plus. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p4
The article reports on an upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Hamilton County for showing the highest economic growth and income rates in Indiana. The rating agency upgraded the country's general obligation credit to one notch below AAA. The county benefits from a 3.2% unemployment rate...