Moody's Analyst Moves to PMI, FGIC
- PMI Capital Corp. Makes New Hires. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p7
Reports on the appointment of John Miscisin as vice president of financial guaranty mortgage-backed securities at California-based PMI Capital Corp., the parent company of Financial Guarantee Insurance Co.
- An old new kid on the block, FGIC is... M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;8/11/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p3
Reports that the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) is finally shedding GE Capital Corp. as its controlling parent company. Strategic initiative for PMI Group, which is leading a group of investors; Opportunity for investors wanting to diversify their monoline exposures; FGIC-wrapped deals.
- Investor Group Signs Pact To Acquire Bulk Of Commercial Finance Lines From GE Capital. // Insurance Advocate;8/11/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p40
Reports on the agreement of an investor group to acquire Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. in New York City. Value of the transaction; Terms of the agreement; Shares of PMI Group Inc. in the firm.
- Texas Trans, Michigan Agency Refunding Top Light Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32449, p7
The article reports on the end-of-summer activities of investors in the U.S. The negotiated activity will get under way with an $850 million revenue bond refunding from the Michigan State Building Authority. Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. will insure the debt. Citigroup Inc. will price revenue...
- FGIC Hires Two Managing Directors. Walker, Susanne; Gildea, Terry // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p6
Reports on the appointment of Alessandra V. D'Imperio to the position of senior managing director and chief credit officer and Donna A. Troia as managing director of risk management at Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. in the U.S. Career background; Work responsibilities of D'Imperio; Work...
- A Settlement on Soured Mortgages May Raise Questions on What Is Enough. // Banking Strategies Daily;4/18/2014, p2
The article focuses on the settlement announced by the Bank of America on April 16, 2014 which indicates that the bank could have been made to pay higher than they have for the mortgage fraud they committed before the financial crisis. It says that the bank agreed to pay $950 million to the...
- FGIC appoints Filippelli CFO. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p31
Focuses on the appointment of Rick J. Filippelli to the position of Chief Financial Officer of the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Filippelli's responsibilities; His career history.
- EGIC Misses 'Restoration' Deadline, But Gets More Time. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p28
The article reports that the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. failed to realize its proposal to put its house into order to meet its deadline on March 25, 2010 but extended it to June 15, 2010 to reduce credit default swaps exposure in New York.
- FGIC Reports Strong Fourth Quarter, Increases Already Large Market Share. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p7
Reports on the increase in net income of U.S.-based bond issuer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. during the fiscal fourth quarter of 2001. Percentage increase in net income during the quarter compared to the same period in 2000; Reasons for the increase; Increase in structured finance reported...