Rail Group to Push for More Public-Private Infrastructure Initiatives
- Rails Seek Coal Contingency. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/31/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p8
The article reports on the move of Edward R. Hamberger, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Association of American Railroads, to ask the U.S. Congress to create contingent allowances for carriers.
- Rails ready for Panama Canal Traffic. // Railway Age;May2013, Vol. 214 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the statement of the president and chief executive officer of the Association of American Railroads, Edward R. Hamberger, that preparation is ongoing for freight railroads to meet future demands on transportation including the Panama Canal expansion.
- Railroad Capacity Focus of Record Investment. // Coal Age;May2005, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that freight railroads in the U.S. will invest more money in 2007 to maintain and improve their track and equipment than ever before in history. According to Edward R. Hamberger, president and CEO of the Association of American Railroads, the nation's major freight railroads...
- TRAFFIC SOLUTION. PINKSTAFF, JOHN // Oregon Business Magazine;May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p40
The author discusses traffic congestion in Oregon and public-private sector patnership as its solution. He states that economic and environmental costs are associated with traffic congestion and investment failures lead to travel delay. Major infrastructure projects lack government funding due...
- Roads policy is 'ad-hoc, short-term and dire'. // Commercial Motor;1/22/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5063, p16
Presents updates on road transportation in Great Britain as of January 2004. Criticism from the RAC Foundation on the growing road congestion; Benefits of the proposed public-private partnership to finance the M74 extension scheme in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Japan gets two-pronged PFI health boost. // PFI Report;Jun2002, Issue 64, p7
Reports that the government of Japan is planning to announce the preferred bidders for two hospital private finance initiative (PFI) projects by the end of July 2002. Total value of the hospital PFI schemes; Scope of the work for the PFI scheme; Aim of the deregulation proposal from the Japan...
- Multi-Sector Partnership Reaps Global Rewards. // Association Management;Dec2002, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p75
Discusses how associations and the government can use their respective areas of expertise to work together for positive global changes. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and related topics; Implications on association management.
- Parting Shot. Hellowell, Mark // PFI Report;Sep2001, Issue 56, p36
Talks about the issues regarding private finance initiative and public private partnerships (PPP) projects in Great Britain. Comments on the Institute of Public Policy Research's report on PPP.
- North Carolina Turnpike Authority To Announce Partner in Bridge P3. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33011, p4
The article reports on the plan of the North Carolina Turnpike Authority to enter into a pre-development agreement in Bradenton, Florida. The institution plans to unveil the said agreement on December 1 to 7, 2008. The Mid-Curritruct Bridge project is the institution's first public-private...