Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Munis Firm a Bit Ahead of Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p2
The article talks about developments in the U.S. municipal market. The author has stressed that the municipal market was slightly firmer on March 12, 2007 as participants looked toward a full slate of primary market issuance and potential market-moving data. According to traders, tax-exempt...
- Clearwater Water Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p31
The article reports that the city of Clearwater in Florida is planning to competitively sell $30 million of water and sewer revenue bonds on July 25, 2006. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used for various capital improvements. The deal has received ratings of A from Fitch Ratings and A2 from...
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...
- City Getting A Bond Aid. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Grand Rapids Building Authority to refund three new municipal bond series. City commissioners approved a refunding process that will put up to $35 million worth of municipal bonds on the market. The bonds will only be sold if the city can reap...
- LOCATIONAL LOGROLLING AND CITIZEN SUPPORT OF MUNICIPAL BOND PROPOSALS: The Example of St. Louis. Archer, J. Clark; Reynolds, David R. // Public Choice;Fall1976, Vol. 27, p21
Examines citizen support of municipal bond proposals to finance capital investments in service delivery systems based on the example of Saint Louis, Missouri. Strategy offered by Saint Louis bond proponents from the vantage point of electoral geography; Summary of Saint Louis City general...