Florida's Palm Beach County to Sell First of Three Scripps Deals Today
- Broker-Dealers Face Auction-Rate Failures. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32816, p1
The article reports on the failure of auctions of municipal auction-rate securities totaling as much as $10 billion in par value in the U.S. It is estimated that broker-dealers buying up excess auction-rate securities account for 10 to 20 percent of the market. Widening spreads, reduced demand...
- Concord Ready for Market. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p35
The article reports that Concord, Massachusetts will sell general obligation capital improvement bonds valued at $10 million. The bonds will be sold via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system and through telephone bids. The fixed-rate bonds will mature from 2007 through 2026. First Southwest...
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina will sell general obligation refunding bonds. Capital plans of the county; Plans to issue remaining school and library bonds in 2006.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...
- City Getting A Bond Aid. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Grand Rapids Building Authority to refund three new municipal bond series. City commissioners approved a refunding process that will put up to $35 million worth of municipal bonds on the market. The bonds will only be sold if the city can reap...
- LOCATIONAL LOGROLLING AND CITIZEN SUPPORT OF MUNICIPAL BOND PROPOSALS: The Example of St. Louis. Archer, J. Clark; Reynolds, David R. // Public Choice;Fall1976, Vol. 27, p21
Examines citizen support of municipal bond proposals to finance capital investments in service delivery systems based on the example of Saint Louis, Missouri. Strategy offered by Saint Louis bond proponents from the vantage point of electoral geography; Summary of Saint Louis City general...
- Munis Unchanged as Barrage of BABs Looms. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/18/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33168, p2
The article focuses on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. It notes that the municipal market was unchanged for the period beginning August 17, 2009, a week dominated by Build America Bond (BAB) issuance and will continue to experience the trend when more than 2 billion...