Now Positive, Michigan Airport Agency Readies Refunding
- On Airport Debt, Denver Says No Time Like Now to Refund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p56
Reports on the decision of the city of Denver, Colorado, to enter the bond market on June 21, 2001, with a multi-million dollar deal for refunding outstanding airport revenue bonds. Issuing of bonds during the 1990s to finance the Denver International Airport; Subjection of bonds to federal...
- Chicago Council OKs O'Hare Refunding. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the approval of the Chicago City Council to the third-lien general airport revenue refunding bond issue for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Rate of expected bonds to carry triple-A insurance; Mechanism to restructure its outstanding O'hare debt; Provision of...
- Attractive Rates in 2001 Had Southwest Refunding Like Mad. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p50
Focuses on refunding deals in the bond market of southwestern U.S. states, as of February 19, 2002. Percentage increase in combined refunding and new-money issues; Factors that led to increase in amount of refunding according to data from an investment firm; Authorities that brought large...
- Maryland's St. Mary's County Readies $40.5M Package. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p4
Reports on the plan of Saint Mary's County, Maryland to sell a $40.5 million debt package consisting of new-money bonds for various public projects and refunding bonds on August 19, 2003. Types of bonds included in the package; Fundings to be assisted through refunding bonds; Expectations of...
- Supply worries, data gap bring prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p2
Reports that the supply concerns heading into the Washington government's quarterly refunding has pulled Treasury prices lower. Factors that contributed to the market's decline; Data on the status of long bond and notes.
- Safe harbor from yield burning urged. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the agreement among municipal industry bond counsel and issuer groups in the United States on an approach that federal regulators should adopt to determine which advance refunding would not be subject to enforcement action for yield-burning abuses. Group's failure to consult with US...
- More Current Bond Covenants Can Make Restructurings Much Easier. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p38
Reports on the importance of restructuring bond indentures that restrict public power utilities' use of funds in preparing for a competitive bond market in the United States. New York Power Authority's refunding of outstanding debt; Change of the debt ratio coverage covenant.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p22
Presents a list of bonds that have been called and redeemed their issuers in the United States, as of January 7, 2000. Includes bonds issued by the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency; Pinellas County, Florida Housing Finance Authority; Southwest Florida Housing Development Corp.;...
- Chicago agency's parks offering puts accent on minority participation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p32
Reports on a $19 million revenue refunding bond issue by the Public Building Commission of Chicago in Illinois on December 3, 1998. Target investors; Plans of reaching 30 percent minority participation in the deal.