Sept. PPI Rose 0.1%; Core Rate Grew 0.3%
- March PPI Up 0.5%; Core Rate Gains 0.2%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p2
Focuses on the increase in the overall producer price index and core rate according to data released by the U.S. Department of Labor. Percentage of increase in price index; Prediction of economists on the price index; Exclusions in the increased core rate.
- Producer inflation accelerates in 2007 due to rising prices for energy and foods. Kowal, Joseph; Lombardozzi, Antonio; Sager, Scott; Snyders, William // Monthly Labor Review;Jul2008, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p3
Prices for energy goods surged in 2007, after falling in 2006, while food prices increased more than they had a year earlier; in contrast, the stage-of-processing indexes for goods excluding foods and energy advanced in 2007 at rates similar to those of 2006
- December PPI Dips 0.1 %; Core Rate Rises 0.3%. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;1/19/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33649, p2
The article presents a report from the U.S. Labor Department revealing that the producer price index dropped 0.1% in December 2011 while core rate rose 0.3%.
- Wholesale Prices For U.S. Apparel Rebound in Jan. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/22/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the increase in the wholesale price of U.S.-made apparels in January 2005 according to the Labor Department Producer Price Index. Factors that contribute to the long-term decline in the price of U.S.-made textile and apparel; Impact of the elimination of global apparel and textile...
- U.S.-Made Apparel Prices Rise In January. Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/20/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 38, p26
The article reports on the rising wholesale prices for U.S.-made apparel in January 2009. It is noted that deflationary pressures has been an increasing concern despite reports from the Labor Department on the overall increase of wholesale prices. It is revealed that a rise in energy prices led...
- Wholesale Apparel Prices Up. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/20/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 38, p18
The article reports on the increased prices of U.S.-made women's and girls' apparel in January 2007. In the women's and girls' category, prices on knit shirts and blouses rose 2.9 percent from January 2006, while jeans and slacks were up 0.6 percent, according to the Department of Labor's...
- Wholesale Prices Flat in December. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/18/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 11, p27
Reports on the stability of prices for women's and girls' apparel in the U.S. in December 2004, according to the Producer Price Index of the U.S. Labor Department. Increase in the prices of finished goods at a wholesale level; Reasons behind the difficulty of fashion retailers in raising...
- Wholesale Apparel Prices Inch Forward 0.2 Percent. Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/15/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 125, p19
The article discusses the Producer Price Index report of the U.S. Labor Department, which states that the wholesale prices of domestic apparel have increased by 0.2 percent in November 2008 compared to October 2008 and 0.9 percent over 2007. While women's apparel prices have risen 0.2 percent...
- July PPI Price Hikes Rampant; Core Annualized at 5.0%. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32944, p2
The article reports on the acceleration of producer price index (PPI) in the U.S. as of July 2008, particularly within core items including vehicles, power generating equipment, and pharmaceuticals. The overall PPI's finished goods index doubled up to 1.2%. Prices for gasoline after adjustment...