MBIA Earns Top Spot in Revamped Insurer Rankings; FSA Takes 2d
- MBIA Says It Will Resume Doing Business in Oklahoma. Chang, Helen; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. has decided that it would again bid to insure state and local bond issues in Oklahoma. Troubled jail revenue bonds, issued by the Grady County Industrial Authority in 1999, led MBIA in July 2004 to cease insuring any new state and local issues. The...
- Ambac Top-Ranked Insurer for First Half of '06. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p1
The article reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. topped the municipal bond insurer ranking for the first half of 2006, based on data from Thomson Financial data. Overall municipal issuance declined by 14.6% compared with the first half of 2005, and many insurers' sales volume declined. MBIA...
- MBIA Still Number One. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32176, p1
Reports on the success of MBIA Insurance Corp. to stay on the top position of municipal bond insurer in the U.S. Total principal amount incurred by the company for the first half of 2005; Percentage of market share gathered for its credit enhancement; Influence of deals made on the current state...
- MBIA Split Panned By Four Former N.Y. Regulators. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the complaint of the four former New York insurance superintendents on the division of the MBIA Insurance Corp. in New York.
- More Hits for Insurers. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p1
The article reports on the ratings of various insurers in the U.S. where others were downgraded. Fitch Ratings Ltd. rated MBIA Insurance Corp. to AA while insurance regulators threatened further action against Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Eric Dinallo of New York insurance said he was...
- MBIA net up 18% in 3d quarter. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p25
Focuses on the financial performance of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the third-quarter of 1999. Increase of net income; Increase of expected overall portfolio returns.
- MBIA restructures as insurers weigh obstacles to growth. Sherman, Lynn; Kruger, Daniel; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p1
Reports on the MBIA Insurance Corp.'s reduction of its staff to streamline operations and reduce future operating costs. Number of positions eliminated; Names of some executives that were let go; Factors that led to the staff reductions.
- MBIA offers insurance in estate settlements. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;2/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p27
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corporation's insurance offer to banks called Assurety, which guarantees deposits before they are assigned to trust accounts and later invested. When MBIA started to offer product.
- New Issues Fall to $20.1B in February. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32827, p1
The article reports on the status of new issue volume in the U.S. municipal market. According to Thomson Financial's preliminary data, new issue volume was down 37% in February 2008, compared to February 2007, with 637 issues sold totaling $20.1 billion. It also shows that the rate of bond...