Is Early Retirement Going the Way of the Dodo Bird?
- BEST practices. Bryen, Bruce // Dental Practice Report;Mar2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p61
The article presents tips on how dentists in the U.S. can customize their retirement plans. Dentists can use employer-sponsored retirement plans to maximize their wealth. Defined benefit plan, 401(k), pension plan or profit-sharing plan can be amended to increase retirement benefits and current...
- Retirement plans for procrastinators. Tuttle, Matthew // Westchester County Business Journal;02/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p21
Offers tips and advice on employee retirement planning. Simplified employee pension; Defined benefit pension plan; Advantages of the said plans in terms of contribution limit and retirement income.
- Participant actions don't bear out words. // Pensions & Investments;4/17/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p30
Reveals the gap between the assessment of defined contribution plan participants and their actual savings and investment behavior. Responsibility for providing for one's retirement; Percentage participating in employer-sponsored plans; Retirement planning.
- Pension reform legislation would cut lump sum payouts. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/2/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p6A
Reports on the impact of the proposed retirement bill on the structure of corporations' defined benefits program in the U.S. Reduction of contributions to struggling pension programs; Amount of lump sum payment to employees; Need for funding relief to the crisis in retirement income.
- Pension Plans Took a Beating in September. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
Institutional investors of all types faced another difficult month.
- Trump Election a Positive So Far for DB Funded Status. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;12/7/2016, p1
The article discusses the economic impact of president election in the U.S. on defined benefit pension plan funding ratios. Topics include pension planning, interest rates and retirement income.
- Finding the right retirement plan Opportunities. Podnos, Steven; Kitces, Michael E. // Medical Economics;11/5/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 21, p24
The article discusses the most common types of retirement plans available to medical practices and its advantages and disadvantages in the U.S. It describes some real-life examples of retirement plans what were modified in order to increase the benefits and cost saving occurrences. These plans...
- The Defined Contribution Paradigm. Zelinsky, Edward A. // Yale Law Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p451
The article focuses on the benefit and contribution plans as retirement savings devices. The characteristics of the traditional defined benefit pension, which pays a deferred retirement annuity based on the participant's salary and work history and the contemporary defined contribution plan,...
- Improving Retirement Plan Success. White, Laura // Benefits Magazine;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the retirement plan trends in corporations with 1,000 or more employees documented in Diversified's "Report on Retirement Plans - 2011." It indicates a decreasing prevalence of defined benefit plans including a decline in the percentage of plan sponsors offering an active...