Washington Gubernatorial Race Focuses on Health Care, Jobs
- Quiet Riot. McDonell, Keelin // New Republic;1/31/2005, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p34
Offers a look at the election of Christine Gregoire as Washington State Governor. Details the campaign, and the following recounts, lawsuits, and other political challenges to Gregoire's victory; Key elements of Gregoire's inaugural address; Characterization of politics and government in Washington.
- Rossi Concedes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p35
Reports on the acknowledgement of Republican challenger Dino Rossi in his defeat for the 2004 election race for governor for the state of Washington. Decision not to appeal the ruling of Superior Court Judge John Bridges upholding the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire; Explanation of Rossi...
- Try, Try Again. // National Review;2/14/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p16
Offers a look at politics and government in Washington State as of February 14, 2005. Details of voting controversy in the gubernatorial race between Dino Rossi and Christine Gregoire; Report that Gregoire defeated Rossi after a recount of votes; Decision of Rossi to contest the election results...
- Washington's Race for Governor Goes to Recount. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p4
Reports that Washington's race for governor is headed for a mandatory recount after Republican underdog Dino Rossi squeaked ahead of Democratic Christine Gregoire by a mere 261 votes. Indication that either political party might challenge the results with a lawsuit; Possible delay in the...
- Governor's race recount starts. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pA2
Reports that the Washington state Democratic Party paid U.S.$730,000 to start a hand recount of more than 2.8 million ballots cast in the governor's race.
- Down for the Recount. York, Byron // National Review;2/14/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p38
Offers a look at politics and government in Washington States as of February 14, 2005. Controversy surrounding the gubernatorial election of Democrat Christine Gregoire; Efforts of defeated Republican candidate Dino Rossi to obtain a re-vote in the contested election; Problems encountered in the...
- Choice makes a stronger democracy. Woods, Dick // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, pA27
Focuses on the chance for the public to exercise their choice in the October 2000 elections in Washington state. Responsibility of local voters to gather as much information as they can about politicians vying for local offices.
- Lawmakers pass $17.6 million budget; Lowry signs revised health care. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p41
Reports on political and legislative developments in Washington State as of June 1995. Approval of the state budget by Governor Mike Lowry; Signing of the health care reform law; Effect of revised law on 1993 employer and individual mandates; Vetoed proposals by Lowry.
- A Northwest State of Chaos. Anderson, Ross // U.S. News & World Report;5/30/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 20, p37
Looks at politics and government in Washington State as of May 30, 2005. Details of conflict over the outcome of the 2004 gubernatorial election; Report that Democrat Christine Gregoire has been acting as governor despite uncertainty of the election's outcome; Claim that the election's outcome...