- Speaking up for theelf service. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p55
The article presents a comedy Christmas question and answer with Midge Ette, head of the furniture division and chief elf at Santa's grotto, Lapland. Asked what he wants to change within the furniture industry, he wants see furnitures manufactured more in proportion with small people and what he...
- In the firing line. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p47
Reports on the sports activities of furniture industry executives in Great Britain. Clay pigeon shooting contest; Manufacturers' challenge, where teams of manufacturers were given a head start and a sporting chance to make it into the scrub before the shooters let fire; Pot shot trial.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2004, Issue 5376, p83
Presents situations of humor in the furniture industry in Great Britain, current as of February 2004.
- The Perfect Squelch. Coffin, Vernon J. // Saturday Evening Post;9/29/1956, Vol. 229 Issue 13, p146
Presents a humorous anecdote about the manager of a metal-manufacturing plant who likes to tour visitors through the factory. Effect of the touring habit of the manager to his workers; Encounter between the manager and an elderly worker.
- Don't Let the Foreman Jam the P. A. System. Stinnett, Caskie // Saturday Evening Post;9/15/1951, Vol. 224 Issue 11, p46
Presents an anecdote about a foreman in Michigan.
- SHIFTING FURNITURE. Neilson, Tony // Inwood;Apr/May2006, Issue 68, p28
The article reports on the latest developments and trends in the furniture industry in Southeast Asia. The U.S. and the European Union are so concerned about China's trade practices and its undervalued currency. Chinese exports to the U.S. exceed shipments in the other direction by about six to...
- HIGHWAYMAN. // Motor Transport;2/19/2004, p22
Presents anecdotes related to the transportation industry in Great Britain.
- CEO humor. // Machine Design;5/23/96, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p129
Presents an anecdote about the advice of an outgoing chief executive officer to his successor.
- overmatter. // Printing World;10/23/2003, Vol. 284 Issue 3, p64
Relates various anecdotes related to the British printing industry. Travel West Midlands' idea of promoting the city with a brochure featuring a scratch-off section that offers the scent of fresh balti; JK Rowling's permission for German magazines to carry German-language extracts of "Harry...