TPS warns over bogus fair guide charges
- The Price of Promotions. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p25
Discusses obstacles faced by the catalog promoters for offering free gifts with purchase or other offers to the prospective buyers. Apprehension of list owners about the promotions; Strategies applied by the New York-based Metropolitan Museum of Art Catalog for promoting its catalog; Attitude...
- Promos Abound in the Third Quarter. // Catalog Age;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the increase in promotions of commercial catalogs for the third quarter of 2002. Comparison between promotions of catalogs for 2001 and 2002; Increase in the number of apparel and accessories books catalogs during the third quarter; Decrease in catalog business during July 2002.
- Keep in Mind. // Catalog Age;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p17
Presents guidelines on sales promotions of catalogs through multichannel marketing by consultant Coy Clement of catalog consultancy company ClementDirect. Importance of communication in the promotion of catalogs; Need to offer choices to customers through multichannel promotions.
- Generic Wording: Can't We Do Better? Lewis, Herschell Gordon // Catalog Age;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p49
Discusses the effect of attractive words and headlines in the promotion of products in the catalogs. Effect of headings on readership and salesmanship; Significance of proofreaders in the catalog formations.
- When Less Isn't More. Ferriolo, Shayn // Catalog Age;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p38
Presents guidelines for catalogers to increase their sales in times of recession. Increase in average order values through quantity discounts; Benefits of addition of expensive items to the mechandise list; Promotion of catalogs through bundling various products in one unit.
- DELIVERED: What's in our mailbox this month: Back to school. // Direct Marketing News;Aug2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p47
The article offers information on several commercial catalogs including from BJ's Wholesale Club Inc., Bed Bath & Beyond, and Toys "R" Us Inc.
- Making Them an Offer. Cotlier, Moira // Catalog Age;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Reports the promotional offers of the catalogers to generate revenue in the United States. Introduction of half-price discount; Launch of free shipping and handling for orders; Approaches in telemarketing incentive. INSET: A Smattering of Offers.
- A peek under the covers. Lewis, Herschell Gordon // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2006, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p20
The article considers the author's views on putting illustration on the cover of a consumer catalog, which is unrelated to what is for sale inside. He questions the motive in depicting mushrooms on the cover of a catalog. Other catalogs with the same format are described. The author also...
- Keeping content in context. Sparrow, David // Catalog Age;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on methods to be used by the catalogers to ensure that they offer just enough and right editorial to encourage sales of a product. Need for precision and cost-effective while promotions of the product; Information needed before increasing the web sites editorial content.