Never make assumptions
- 3 Keys to Overcome Your Fear of Follow Up. Garmaise, Judy // American Salesman;Aug2009, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p16
The article offers tips for salespeople on overcoming their fear of follow up. It states that despite the excuses given by salespeople for not following up, the real reason they do not follow up is because they fear of being rejected. It mentions that a sales person should remember that...
- Sales & the SAID Principle. Cole, Tony // American Salesman;Apr2012, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p24
The author discusses the application of the Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demands (SAID) principle for a productive sales results. He says the SAID principle states that if a person is under physical stress, he attempts to overcome the stress by adapting specifically to the imposed demands. He...
- The Seven Strategies of the Highly Effective Salesperson. Graham, John R. // American Salesman;Jul2008, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the strategies of an effective salesperson. These strategies include customer knowledge, commitment to presentation improvement, embracing new ideas and customer relationship vision. Examples of companies operating under each strategy are also presented. It adds that in...
- VIC SAYS... // Cabinet Maker;12/4/2015, Issue 5960, p24
The author offers insights on the bedroom furniture industry. He discusses ways for sales professionals to close a sale, the importance of sellers making a personal contact with their customers, the separation between customer approach and personal space, and the qualifications of a professional...
- SELL!NGï¿½ TIPS. Reilly, Tom; Ramsey, Lydia // Sell!ng;Dec2003, p16
Presents tips on selling. Importance of courage to salespeople; Details of how to develop courage; Purpose of handwritten notes; Importance of handwritten notes in establishing a business relationship with customers.
- Solid Customer Relationships. Rega, Michael E.; Clayton, Lisa M. // American Salesman;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p8
Offers tips on building a solid customer relationships. Challenges faced by a salesperson; One of the first rules of advertising; Techniques for establishing preliminary rapport with a customer.
- Abide By the Rules of Engagement. Allman, Sam // American Salesman;Apr2009, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on rules of engagement (ROE) within the context of selling. ROE in selling usually deal with four issues, namely, when influence may be used, where it can be used, against whom influence should be used and how selling influence should be used to achieve a goal. It outlines...
- It's your job to ask them to buy from you. Ackeman, Jim // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/24/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p9
Discusses the function of salespersons in encouraging customers to purchase their products. Reasons for making business offers and making customers to buy again; Significance of loyalty business offers to customers; Ways of forming conditions and appeals for an attractive business offer.
- Put down the book and pick up the baby! Wiesner, Pat // ColoradoBiz;Aug2008, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p9
The author discusses strategies on how to become an effective salesman. He explains that the best thing to earn the confidence of the client is to help them solve their problems. He presents a way on how a salesman can enter into the inner business circle of the client by playing as a...