BGH to aim for independents
- Don't get the point? Let me repeat SALE! Eperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p54
Presents author's humorous comments on the business strategy of furniture industries in the U.S. to dispose off their products in the face of economic slowdown. Literary expression of the author to use the much hyped word 'Sale!' showing his lassitude over the old business policy of furniture...
- Winners win; they don't whine. // Furniture/Today;5/19/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p2
The author reflects on the tendency of some companies in the furniture industry to complain when there are confronted by situations that requires them to change its approach, According to the author, as a mature industry, they tend to very set in its ways, but there is also a very childlike...
- TOUGH TIMES CALL FOR NEW MEASURES. Vonasek, Wade // Wood & Wood Products;Aug2009, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p25
The article discusses the negative implication of the global economic recession to the furniture industry according to the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association's (BIFMA) quarterly report. It mentions that office furniture shipments are expected to decrease by 19% in...
- Bymacks production to go overseas. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p6
Reports that furniture company Bymacks will move its production oversease. Retrenchment of several employees; Business plans of the company; Marketing strategy.
- It's all in the planning. // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2011, Issue 5730, p16
The article provides critical inputs concerning proper planning and execution to improve sales in the furniture industry in Great Britain. It recommends the use of a customer database which is one of the most effective marketing tools. It also recommends to have one's pricing strategy sorted out...
- Furniture is crucial to Homebase plans. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p5
The article reports on the future plans of Homebase Inc., a furniture company which provides home improvement, furnishing, and gardening products in Great Britain. The company wants to become the number one home enhancement retailer. Homebase has tested initiatives with the Furniture Re-use Network.
- Dawkins to revamp Debenhams ranges. // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p4
Reports on the plan of Debenhams PLC to increase its furniture offering in Great Britain. Purchase by Debenhams of the former Allders branch stores; Statement of company project manager David Dawkins regarding the plan; Emphasis of Dawkins that any increase in furniture floorspace will come at...
- Thinking and acting positive. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p9
Narrates the author's views on the efforts of furniture retailers to look ways to change their marketing approach despite negative feedbacks from analysts in Great Britain. Innovative ideas adopted by retailers; Steps taken by retailers to move away from the competitive mid-market; Accolade to...
- Conran appears Contented. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p6
Reports the plan of Christie-Tyler to expand its collection of Content by Conran furniture in Europe. Plan to double its collection; Marketing strategy; Addition of furniture to its Balance Shelving group.