Home sector is slow to click online
- Adding Clicks to Your Bricks. Moran, Michelle // Gourmet Retailer;Sep2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p126
Part III. Discusses how gift and houseware retailers can develop their electronic commerce and online gift registry services. Online consumer purchases; Data from the 1999 study conducted by the Boston Consulting Groups for Shop.org; Determining the level of presence to establish online;...
- Leading E-tailers. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p11
The article features the leading electronic retailers (e-tailers) in the furniture industry, particularly in the U.S., as of early August 2013. Amazon.com posted an estimated total sales of 61.1 billion dollars in 2012. The other featured top e-tailers include Anthology Furniture, BedPlanet.com,...
- Taking stock of the hub. // Finance Week;05/26/2000, p12
Focuses on the proposed electronic trading hub for South Africa's household goods sector. Solutions to the problem of cost structures in the retail trade; Reduction of administrative costs; Inventory management for both retailers and manufacturers.
- Furniture etailing need not be an Amazon task. // Cabinet Maker;04/06/2001, Issue 5232, p4
Encourages online house furnishing companies to follow the business methods of traditional retailers in order to prosper.
- Whew! What a year it's been! Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p31
No abstract available.
- Double take. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p12
Discusses how changing social patterns have presented retailers and manufacturers with a furniture challenge in Great Britain. Space as a valuable commodity; Manufacturers and retailers' need to be innovative in their response; Ikea's offering of affordable furniture for low to moderate income...
- Press for publicity. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p9
The article presents information on the need of marketing for online retailers to boost their business. The closure of the Web site of Place, an online furniture and accessories retailer, is an example in this context. The failure of the Web site to sustain sales lead to its closure. The Web...
- Mydeco.com shortlisted for award. // Cabinet Maker;4/10/2009, Issue 5632, p4
The article reports on the inclusion of mydeco.com, a furniture and homewares etailer, in the shorlist for the Etailer of the Year Category of the World Retail Awards. It states that the awards will happen at the Museu National D'Art de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain on May 7, 2009. Moreover, it...
- Are you caught in the web? Williams, Don // Cabinet Maker;May2010 Business Supplement, p22
The article presents the author's view concerning the key principles behind a successful web retailing in Great Britain. He states that all big furniture retailers operate Web sites that contain information about their products and offer online transactions. He notes that rapid development of...