Where have all the skills gone?
- SYSTEMS CONTRACTING: A New Way to Reduce Purchasing Costs Bolton, Ralph A. // Management Review;May67, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p25
Introduces the systems contracting procurement technique. Advantages; Assignment of requisition order number.
- Forming vendor partnerships. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p22
Examines the factors affecting the formation of successful partnerships between employers and outsourcing vendors. Development of a system than can measure the success of the relationship in various areas; Categories of the measurement of the success of the partnership.
- SUPPLY STRATEGY-WHAT TO OUTSOURCE AND WHERE. // Irish Marketing Review;2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p46
Highlights the strategic considerations that should inform outsourcing choices. Trends indicating the need for extensive outsourcing; Basis of buyer-supplier relations.
- Beware the pitfalls of Internet procurement. Welty, Terry // Communications News;Mar2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p42
Gives advice on customized electronic services that offer speedy return on investment for manufacturing companies that procure maintenance, repair and operations through the Internet. Ways for companies to make their suppliers' product information accessible on line to buyers; Benefits from...
- The core conundrum. // Supply Management;4/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p20
Presents an open forum on why organizations choose to outsource its procurement functions. Definition of core competence; Outline of responsibilities of procurement professionals; Incentives of outsourcing provider. INSET: THE PARTICIPANTS..
- Are you in or out? John, Geraint // Supply Management;4/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the pros and cons of procurement outsourcing. Rise of competition among service providers; Changes of the outsourcing-insourcing debacle; Differences between decentralization and recentralization.
- Looking to Asia--and Beyond. Gandossy, Robert P.; Kao, Tina // Across the Board;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on global sourcing business destinations. Factors that contribute to the appeal of India to outsourcing business; Challenges in sourcing business in Eastern Europe; Advantages and disadvantages of Latin America as a location for outsourced business.
- WORDS-WORTH: OFFSHORING. // Management Today;Jan2005, p12
The article discusses the political and economic effects of "Offshoring" in Great Britain, Australia and the United States. Offshoring sounds like an attractive leisure pursuit, like rafting or surf-canoeing. Well, leisure comes into it: enforced leisure, if your job is offshored to India,...
- GLOBAL SOURCING: IS IT RIGHT FOR YOUR COMPANY? Curtin, Frank T. // Management Review;Aug87, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p47
Advises companies on global sourcing. Start of global sourcing through the company's business plan; Strategic market possibilities for a company's overall finished product lines; Consideration of global sourcing as an extension of the firm's domestic make-or-buy tactical decisions; Substitution...