- Investors must take long-term view. // Accountancy;Feb1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1218, p69
Presents tips in making investment decisions in emerging stock markets in Great Britain. Performance of foreign equity investments in emerging markets in 1994; Impact of changes in terms of the local share index on currency terms for the overseas investor.
- Is Love Bearish? Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p73
Discusses the decline in equity funds in the U.S. and its implications for investors as of June 2003. Comparison of ownership of equity funds outside of employer-sponsored retirement plans in 1999 and 2002; Assessment of a possible resurgence in investors' interest in stocks.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p28
Comments on the sharp market-wide sell-off at Wall Street in February 2002. Changes in investor attitudes; Impact of the Enron Corp. accounting controversy on the performance of stocks.
- WHEN YOUR BROKER GOES BAD. Rosato, Donna // Money;Sep2009, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p104
The article discusses whether investors should take legal action against their brokers in the aftermath of a sharp decline in the stock market. Brokers who merely made lousy investment decisions probably cannot be pursued. Conversely, action may be viable against a broker who misrepresented...
- Let Us Now Praise Day-Traders. Futrelle, David // Money;Oct99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p156
Discusses the day-traders and their effect on the trading industry, as of 1999. Trend in people denigrating day-traders, following the 1999 murders and suicide of a day-trader in Atlanta, Georgia; Benefits of day trading; How it lowers the trading costs for everyone; How day-traders demand...
- Avoid equities at your peril. // Finance Week;10/20/2003, p62
Focuses on the reluctance of investors to invest in equities in South Africa. Trauma experienced by investors who suffered losses in the equities market; Danger posed by failure of investors to recognize the opportunities offered by the market; Background on the collapse of the stock market in...
- Fed stockpiles $80 billion to smooth out Y2K bumps. Auer // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p60
Reports on news and developments related to the trading of stocks in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Includes Federal Reserve measures on the anticipation increased demand for reserves; Expansion of the kinds of collateral that will be accepted when conducting repurchase...
- New Registrations. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/30/98, Vol. 64 Issue 48, p22
Presents information on equity and debt registrations in the United States, for the week ended November 26, 1998. Security types; Stock prices; Number of shares filed; Book managers.
- New issues. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/30/98, Vol. 64 Issue 48, p23
Presents information on equity, debt, international equity, international debt and federal agency issues in the United States, for the week ended November 26, 1998. Number of shares offered; Price per share; Type of security; Managers.