Rough Road Ahead For Telecom IDSs
- Tired of IDSs? Meet the Replacement. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 42, p7
The article presents information on the use of IDS structure in business enterprises. Iowa Telecommunications Services Inc. is abandoning plans to use the complicated IDS structure in favor of traditional IPOs that include dividend features. A blend of Canadian income funds and master limited...
- THE DEALS DRIVE ON. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;Feb2009, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the effort of the telecommunication companies to forge an agreement with other telecom companies to prevent the collapse experienced by the global financial industry in the U.S. Embarq Corp. insisted on stock-based deals only, other carriers found ways to finance smaller...
- SECURING IP POSSIBILITIES. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;6/4/2007 Supplement, Vol. 248, p16
The article discusses the importance of securing Internet protocol (IP) services. According to consulting system Jeff Minson of Cisco Systems, developing security services in a network are linked with building capabilities, maintaining network availability, as well as advancing in making new...
- RURAL TELCOS SHIFT STRATEGIES WITH NEW HYBRID IPO FORMAT. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;4/19/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on United States-based rural telephone companies FairPoint Communications, Iowa Telecom, Valor Communications and Alaska Communications Systems' separate filing for initial public offerings. Timing of the filing; Reason for the move.
- Think globally, sell locally. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/17/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p8
Deals with the sale of Global Crossing Limited's local telecommunication exchange business to Citizens Communications. Cost of the sale; Reasons behind Global Crossing's decision to sell the business; Revenue of the local exchange business; Initial public offering of Global Crossing for its...
- Global Crossing Sheds Local Phone Business. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on Global Crossing's decision to sell its telephone business to United States-based Citizens Communications.
- Global Crossing sells off its local phone business. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p24
Reports that the telecommunications company, Global Crossing Ltd. will sell its local phone business to Citizens Communications. Benefit of Global Crossing from the move; Services that Global Crossing agreed to provide for the business sold; Approximate revenue from the phone lines in 1999.
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p14
Presents data on initial public offering (IPO) deals in the United States. UAP Holding; MHI Hospitality; InPhonic; Iowa Telecom Services; PRA International.
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p15
Presents data on initial public offering (IPO) deals in the United States, as of November 17, 2004. Iowa Telecom Services; PRA International; China Netcom; InPhonic; Ormat Technologies; Arlington Tankers.