Move over CoCos; 'Net Shares' Will Do
- Coupons Boost Convert Market. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the increase in demand for convertibles during the last quarter of 2003. Factors leading to the increase in convertible demand; Strategy of some companies in issuing coupons; Risks associated with convertible coupons.
- Dana Gas appoints banks for $1bn sukuk. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/6/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 27, p29
The article reports on the appointment of Citigroup and Deutsche Bank as lead arrangers for the $1,000 million convertible sukuk issue of Dana Gas. It mentions that an application to list the sukuk on the London Stock Exchange in England has already been made. The funds will be used by Dana Gas...
- NuVasive hopes to gain nearly $350M from offering. // Medical Device Daily;6/24/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 117, p3
The article focuses on the pricing made by NuVasive on the 350 million dollar principal amount of 2.75% convertible notes due 2017 in an underwritten public offering.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;3/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 55, p3
The article reports on the statement of OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc. that it will fully redeem on April 21, 2010 all of its remaining outstanding 3.25% convertible senior subordinated notes due 2023 under the terms of the indenture under which the notes were issued in September 2003.
- The role of convertible bonds in alleviating contracting costs. Krishnaswami, Sudha; Yaman, Devrim // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Nov2008, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p792
Abstract: Theoretical research argues that convertible bonds mitigate the contracting costs of moral hazard, adverse selection, and financial distress. Using firm-specific and macroeconomic factors of the contracting costs, we examine the extent to which they impact the likelihood of issuance...
- Is the Convert party Drawing to a Close? Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p44
Assesses the market for convertible bonds in Europe. Factors contributing to the growth rate in the market; Reason for hedge funds' acquisition of convertible bonds; Comparison between investment grade bonds in the U.S. and Europe.
- Deutsche Bank to Consolidate Biz Under Own System. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;09/18/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p13
Reports that Deutsche Bank will integrate its custody accounting business with Banker's Trust Investment Partners Inc. Deutsche Bank's plans of using its dbtrader system for global custody of United States clients; Setbacks in Deutsche Bank's planned integration of its custody accounting...
- Europe ready to wrap up another busy year. // Asset Securitization Report;12/8/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the performance of securities in Europe in 2003. Available capacity; Deutsche Bank's weekly asset-backed securities research paper.
- PUSHING THROUGH A BOTTOM. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/7/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 42, p22
The article reports that despite the poor performance of convertibles in 2005, convertible market professionals see a number of indications that the market will recover. One indicator is that traditional investors are starting to return into market, replacing some of the hedge fund investors....