- Obituary Listing. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/12/90, Vol. 264 Issue 22, p2946
Presents a list of physicians in the U.S. who died as of December 1990.
- Obituary Listing. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/4/90, Vol. 263 Issue 13, p1854
Presents an obituary listing of physicians and medical personnel in the U.S. as of April 4, 1990.
- PROPER CHANNELS. Shaw, Gienna // HealthLeaders Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
The article offers news briefs on issues concerning hospitals and hospital staffs in the U.S. The Northern Navajo Medical Center in Shiprock, New Mexico has included photocopied examples of anonymous physicians' illegible notes on its pharmacy newsletter to solve problems on physicians'...
- First Day. Murphy, Robert E. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/10/89, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p1509
Details a doctor's first day of working in a hospital. Patients attended by the doctor; Challenges encountered by the doctor; Advice given by peers; Reason why the doctor decided to stay in the field; Activities that comprised the doctor's first day.
- Shifting Sands for Medical Staffs. Merry, Martin D. // Physician Executive;May/Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the relationship between hospitals and their medical staff in the U.S. It was said that the ties to both the hospital and other members of the medical staff tend to weaken due to the decreasing hospital-based practices of physicians. Moreover, physicians still continue to...
- Deaths. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/28/2003, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p992
Presents a list of various medical personnel who died in 2003. Max Alexandroff, former staff of Saint Catherines General Hospital in Ontario, who died on April 18; Surgeon Ladislav J. Doubek, who died on June 13; Family physician Michael Tarrant, who died on June 17.
- Save the CEO? Thrall, Terese Hudson // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2008, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p15
The article presents answers related to an inquiry about hospital-physician relations.
- Establishing Medical Men at the Paris Hotel-Dieu, 1500-1715. McHugh, Timothy J. // Social History of Medicine;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p209
This article examines the creation of a staff of professional medical practitioners, physicians and surgeons at the Paris HÃ´tel-Dieu between 1500 and 1715. Influenced by late eighteenth-century critics, the traditional historiography of the hospital has viewed the institution in a negative...
- TanatoÃ©tica: aportes de la filosofÃa ante la muerte. Sevilla-Godínez, Héctor Tiburcio // Revista Medica del IMSS;mar/abr2009, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p227
The paper is a reflexive revision about an ethical proposal of death. Death is seen as a natural part in the process of life. There are different ideas focusing in the useless suffering in patients, physician's frustrations and unfair indignation from patients' families. It is also questioned...