- A Method for Selecting Criteria to Evaluate Medical Care. Wagner, Edward H.; Williams, Carolyn A.; Greenberg, Robert; Kleinbaum, David; Wolf, Susanne; Ibrahim, Michel A. // American Journal of Public Health;May78, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p464
This study tests a questionnaire method for eliciting process criteria for medical care appraisal. The questionnaire was sent to national samples o f family physicians, pediatricians, and pediatricians specializing in infectious diseases asking their opinions about various clinical actions in...
- Klaus Magdorf. Detjen, Anne; Haas, Walter; Henneke, Philipp // European Journal of Pediatrics;May2013, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p575
The article presents an obituary for pediatric pneumologist and infectious disease specialist Klaus Magdorf.
- The future for lung disease in children. Lenney, Warren // Thorax;Dec2007, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p1021
The author reflects on the publications of textbook dedicated to specific diseases in Great Britain. He asserted that by the time textbooks are published, they are already of date because of the rapidly changing clinical picture. The author notes that paediatric respiratory disease has remained...
- Pediatrician Attitudes and Practices Regarding Collaborative Asthma Education. Cabana, Michael D.; Slish, Kathryn K.; Brown, Randall; Clark, Noreen M. // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p269
Pediatric practices were surveyed in 10 regions of the country to determine physician attitudes and practices regarding approaches to asthma education. Many physician respondents thought that nurses were just as effective as physicians in providing asthma education. In almost all practices a...
- Air pollution and health effects: a study of medical visits among children in Santiago, Chile. Ostro, Bart D.; Sanchez, Jose M.; Feyzioglu, Tarhan // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jan1999, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p69
Examines how weather conditions and air pollution influence medical visits among children under 15 years of age in Santiago, Chile. Seasonal patterns; Morbidity effects of particulate matter; Advantages and disadvantages of using Santiago, Chile data.
- Asthma attacks--what to do. Brostoff, Jonathan; Gamlin, Linda // Asthma: The Complete Guide;1999, p44
This article relates an experience of a mother whose son had an asthma attack. Suzie's son Barnaby has had asthma since he was a few months old. One time Barnaby had a cough that she did not feel too good about, so she called the doctors. A young doctor attended to her and told her that nothing...
- Subclinical presentation of massive retropharyngeal abscess. Chatrath, Paul; Black, Myles; Blaney, Sean // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jan2001, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p36
The article presents a clinical case report concerning a child patient with massive retropharyngeal abscess. It has been noted that the causes of such disease in children include upper respiratory tract infections, foreign bodies, trauma, and tuberculosis. Clinical findings show that the...
- If my child has a respiratory illness--when to see the doctor. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on respiratory illness in children. Earaches and coughs; Colds and upper respiratory problems.
- If my child has a respiratory illness--when to see the doctor. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on respiratory illnesses in children. Nasal discharge; Sore throats.