The impact of new guidelines for glucose tolerance testing on clinical practice and laboratory services
- Diagnosing Diabetes With Glucose Criteria: Worshipping a False God. DAVIDSON, MAYER B. // Diabetes Care;Feb2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p524
The author discusses the actual evidence upon which the current glucose criteria for diagnosing diabetes mellitus is based. According to the author, the relationship among the microvascular complications of diagnosis, glucose concentrations, and A1C levels is an evidence that glucose criteria...
- Increased Affordability Will Encourage Testing. Verner, Scott // Chain Drug Review;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p48
The article reports on the increasing affordability of blood glucose monitoring systems which has encouraged diabetes patients to increase testing and better management of their disease in the U.S.
- Noninvasive Type 2 Diabetes Screening. Maynard, John D.; Rohrscheib, Mark; Way, Jeffrey F.; Nguyen, Catriona M.; Ediger, Marwood N. // Diabetes Care;May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p1120
OBJECTIVE -- This study compared the performance of a novel noninvasive technology to fasting plasma glucose (FPG) and AlC tests for detecting undiagnosed diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS -- The design was a head-to-head evaluation in a naive population....
- Lucica MI Urinary Myoinositol Kit. Yamakoshi, Masaru; Kawazu, Shoji // Molecular Diagnosis & Therapy;May2008, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p189
â€¢ Diabetes mellitus is a growing healthcare problem internationally, and poses a major burden from both a individual and societal perspective. â€¢ Diabetes causes potentially life-threatening complications that are preventable if the disease is detected early and appropriate...
- Case Study: Diagnosis of Insulinoma Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in a Patient With Diabetes. Sapountzi, Paraskevi; Charnogursky, Gerald; Emanuele, Mary Ann; Murphy, Donna; Nabhan, Fadi; Emanuele, Nicholas V. // Clinical Diabetes;Summer2005, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p140
Presents a case study of a female college student who was brought by her parents for evaluation of hypoglycemia. Her medical history including a diagnosis of diabetes by oral glucose tolerance test; Use of a continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS) to monitor her blood sugar; Significance of...
- Study shows GlycoMark test detects swings in glycemia. PEDERSEN, AMANDA // Medical Device Daily;6/9/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 109, p1
The article highlights a GlycoMark study about the use of a glucose level test for diabetics presented at the American Diabetes Association (ADA) meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana on June 6, 2009. According to the company, the test is developed to effectively monitor dangerous swings in blood...
- Evaluation of four portable self-monitoring blood glucose meters. Lippi, Giuseppe; Salvagno, Gian Luca; Guidi, Gian Cesare; Negri, Mauro; Rizzotti, Paolo // Annals of Clinical Biochemistry;Sep2006, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p408
Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) is a cornerstone of diabetes care. However, the effectiveness of any glucose-monitoring programme depends on the ability to integrate SMBG into a program of self-care and therapeutic decision-making. Because the accuracy of SMBG is instrument dependent, we...
- Ask Tufts Experts. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p7
Answers several questions on health care. Physiological effect of drinking cold fluids during exercise on body temperature; Discussion on the use of oral glucose tolerance test and fasting blood glucose test for the diagnosis of diabetes.
- Diagnose des Diabetes mellitus mit HbA1c? Steurer, Johann // Praxis (16618157);6/22/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p807
No abstract available.