Cutaneous nocardiosis complicating management of Crohn's disease with infliximab and prednisone
- Current Therapeutic Approaches in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Sohrabpour, Amir Ali; Malekzadeh, Reza; Keshavarzian, Ali // Current Pharmaceutical Design;11/28/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p3668
No abstract available.
- Anti TNF-a Treatment For Crohn's Disease: "Mï¿½nage ï¿½ Trois.". Danese, Silvio // Current Drug Targets;Feb2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p136
The author reflects on the effectiveness of anti-tumor necrosis factor-a (anti-TNFa) agents for the treatment of Crohn's disease. Studies have shown that anti-TNFa infliximab, adalimumab and certolizumab pegol are effective in preventing remission, healing mucosal lesions and fistulas and...
- Risks and benefits of combining immunosuppressives and biological agents in inflammatory bowel disease: is the synergy worth the risk? Hanauer, Stephen B. // Gut;Sep2007, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p1181
Since the introduction of infliximab to treat Crohn's disease, combination therapy, with immunosuppressants has reduced immunogenicity, without impacting efficacy. The availability of novel anti-TNF agents and potential combined toxicities question the risk/benefit of combination therapies.
- Clinical Utility of Measuring Infliximab and Human Anti-Chimeric Antibody Concentrations in Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Afif, Waqqas; Loftus, Edward V; Faubion, William A; Kane, Sunanda V; Bruining, David H; Hanson, Karen A; Sandborn, William J // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2010, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p1133
OBJECTIVES:Human anti-chimeric antibodies (HACAs) and subtherapeutic infliximab concentrations are associated with decreased duration of response. We evaluated the clinical utility of measuring HACA and infliximab concentrations.METHODS:The medical records of patients with inflammatory bowel...
- Anti-TNF and Crohn's Disease: When Should We Stop? Louis, Edouard; Belaiche, Jacques; Reenaers, Catherine // Current Drug Targets;Feb2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p148
When to stop anti-TNF therapy in Crohn's disease (CD)? This is a very important question both for patients and physicians. There is no published evidence to clearly and definitely answer this question. However data on natural history of CD, long term safety of biologics, outcome after...
- Gastrology. // Africa Health;Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p51
The article reports on the multi-national trial which reveals that ustekinumab provides effective treatment for patients with Crohn's disease resistant to tumour necrosis factor (TNF) antagonists.
- Effect of Infliximab on IFN-Î³ and IL-4 Expression in Peripheral Blood and Inflamed Intestinal Mucosa of Patients with Crohn's Disease. Ferkolj, Ivan; Markovič, Saša; Večerič, Željka; Ihan, Alojz; Pohar, Maja // Acta Chimica Slovenica;2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p301
Background: Infliximab, a monoclonal anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-Î±) antibody, is an effective treatment for Crohn's disease without prior response to conventional therapy. It binds with high affinity to soluble and membrane-bound TNF-Î±, neutralizing its biological activity and...
- Mucosal Expression of Basic Fibroblastic Growth Factor, Syndecan 1 and Tumour Necrosis Factor-Î± in Crohn's Disease in Deep Remission under Treatment with Anti-TNFÎ± Antibodies. Tursi, Antonio; Elisei, Walter; Principi, Mariabeatrice; Inchingolo, Cosimo Damiano; Nenna, Rosanna; Picchio, Marcello; Giorgio, Floriana; Ierardi, Enzo; Brandimarte, Giovanni // Journal of Gastrointestinal & Liver Diseases;Sep2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p261
Background & Aims: Both inflammation and fibrosis maybe detected in Crohn's disease (CD). The molecular pattern of Basic Fibroblastic Growth Factor (bFGF) and Syndecan-1 (SD1) expression is altered in stenosing CD, but we do not know what the behaviour of this teamwork factor is in CD in deep...
- An Open-Label Study of the Human Anti-TNF Monoclonal Antibody Adalimumab in Subjects with Prior Loss of Response or Intolerance to Infliximab for Crohn's Disease. Sandborn, William J.; Hanauer, Stephen; Loftus, Edward V.; Tremaine, William J.; Kane, Sunanda; Cohen, Russell; Hanson, Karen; Johnson, Therese; Schmitt, Debra; Jeche, Resa // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2004, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p1984
BACKGROUND: We assessed the tolerability and clinical benefit of adalimumab, a human antibody to tumor necrosis factor (TNF), in patients with Crohn's disease who had previously received and responded to the chimeric anti-TNF antibody infliximab, but who no longer had a sustained response and/or...