Preventing cold chain failure: vaccine storage and handling
- Food's Cold-Comfort Zone. Bell, Kaitlin // Prevention;Apr2009, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p24
A news brief is presented, recommending that refrigerators be kept at a temperature at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit in order to retard bacterial growth and food spoilage. To this end, homemakers are advised to keep a thermometer in the refrigerator, as the temperature dial is not considered an...
- Vaccine deployment is a challenge in the third world with its unreliable power grids and roads. We need a self-sufficient device -- a super thermos -- to surmount this lack of infrastructure. Myhrvold, Nathan // Seed Global Reset;2010, Issue 1, p48
The article focuses on the need for self-sufficient devices to surmount the unreliable power grids and roads in deploying vaccines in the third world. It states that the deployment needs a cold delivery vehicle that can survive for six months or longer with no power for successful delivery to...
- Biological specimen preservation. Laskar, Boni Amin; Grayu, Tadu; Konwar, Anjali // Current Science (00113891);9/10/2009, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p611
The article reports on the results of a scientific experiment which aims to test the quality control of the preserved specimens. The result of the experiment showed that specimens stored in refrigerator has better quality control with less hardening of the scales and retained color of specimens....
- Cool sounds. Sen, Philip // Engineer (00137758);12/6/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7617, p9
Reports on the development of thermo-acoustic systems for use in refrigerators. Principle of thermo-acoustic systems.
- Self closing makes savings. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Aug2014, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p26
The article offers brief information on Fermod's self-closer system for the cold storage industry that can provide annual energy savings of 2000 pounds.
- Walk-In Refrigerators. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;May2000, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p121
Provides information on the walk-in refrigerator. Developments in walk-in refrigerators; Factors to be considered in selecting the right refrigerator.
- ORGANIZE YOUR FRIDGE. Ferraro, Michael // Men's Health;Mar2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p80
The article presents suggestions on organizing items in a refrigerator.
- Eco fridge. Weaver, Bryony // Gay Times (09506101);Aug2008, Issue 359, p125
The article evaluates the Eco Fridge portable refrigerator.
- Purging Your System. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Jul/Aug2003, p21
Focuses on the uses of oil purger in regaining lost chiller capacity from refrigeration system. Functions of oil as lubricant for the centrifugal pump; Specification of an integral tubes as the most important factor in actual performance; Identification of solutions to the costly problem of the...