An unusual structure near the porta hepatis: What's your diagnosis?
- Best Combination for Symptomatic Relief in COPD. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;9/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p144
The article presents a study on the best combination for symptomatic relief in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that explores on the efficacy of the therapy.
- Parsing the death toll of COPD. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;9/17/2009 Supplement, p135
The article reports on a study which examines the autopsies of patients who died within 24 hours of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) hospital admission.
- Combination therapy boosts COPD survival. // Pulse;Nov2014, p19
The article reports on the study published in the "Journal of the American Medical Association" which found that the combination of an inhaled steroid and a long-acting Beta-agonist (LABA) reduces mortality and hospital admissions in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Long-acting inhaled bronchodilator for COPD-associated bronchospasm. // Modern Medicine;Mar98, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the availability of salmeterol xinafoate, a new drug used for the long-term maintenance treatment of bronchospasm that is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Adverse effects of the drug.
- Criteria of Fitness for Anaesthesia in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Milledge, J.S.; Nunn, J.F. // British Medical Journal;9/20/1975, Vol. 3 Issue 5985, p670
Assesses patients with severe chronic obstructive lung disease undergoing 15 operations. Management of preoperative lung function tests and blood gas estimations; Absence of complications; Induction of anaesthesia with thiopentone.
- Missing Information. Mainz, Armin; Gillissen, Adrian // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;10/14/2016, Vol. 113 Issue 41, p692
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Pharmacological Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease" by Adrian Gillissen and colleagues in issue 18/2016.
- Benign intercostal schwannoma mimicking a solitary metastasis from lung cancer. // Thorax;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p753
The article presents a case study of a 61 year old woman who had suffered from cough and sputum and was referred to physicians for the evaluation of chronic consolidation on the left lower lung. A discussion of diagnostic testing which was conducted on the patient, and resulted in her receiving...
- Ultrasound-guided subcutaneous cervical plexus block for carotid endarterectomy in a patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Shin, Hyeon; Yu, Hae; Yoon, Seung // Journal of Anesthesia;Apr2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p304
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old man with severe right proximal internal carotid artery stenosis (CEA). The patient had a history of severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It presents information on carotid endarterectomy as a treatment option, which can be performed under...
- Steroids for Acute COPD -- But for How Long? Asher, Gary N.; Mounsey, Anne // Clinician Reviews;Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p16
The article describes a study on the effectivity of a shorter course of glucocorticoid therapy. A five-day regimen of glucocorticoid therapy was prescribed for a 55-year-old man with acute chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD)...