Temporary shortage of DPTP-Hib
- Estimating vaccination coverage using parental recall, vaccination cards, and medical records. BOLTON, PAUL; HOLT, ELIZABETH; ROSS, ALAN; HUGHART, NANCY; GUYER, BERNARD // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p521
Compares estimates based on vaccination cards, parental recall and medical records of the percentages of children up-to-date on vaccinations for diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella. Methodology; Results; Data-analysis.
- ...DTaP "Booster" For 11-12 Year Olds... // Child Health Alert;Sep2005, Vol. 23, p2
This article focuses on vaccines for children reviewed by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the U.S. federal health agency in 2005. It reviewed two new vaccines that offer protection against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis--which is why these vaccines are commonly...
- Supply of Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/6/2002, Vol. 287 Issue 5, p579
Reports that there has been a shortage of diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP) in the United States. Rates of death among infants from pertussis; Decision of manufacturers Wyeth Lederle and Baxter Hyland Immuno Vaccines to stop production of DTaP; Need to...
- DTPa-HBV-IPV/Hib Vaccine (Infanrix hexaâ„¢1): A Viewpoint by Heinz-Josef Schmitt. Schmitt, Heinz-Josef // Drugs;2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p683
Reports on a combination vaccine for children that offers protection against diphtheria, tetanus, Hepatitis B, polio, pertussis and Haemophilus influenzae type b. Details regarding immunogenicity and reactogenicity of the vaccine; Reasons why these vaccines have become the cornerstone of...
- dTaP/IPV. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p248
An encyclopedia entry for "dTaP/IPV" is presented. It refers to a combined vaccine that provides immunity against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and poliomyelitis. The vaccine was introduced in 2004 and is given to children aged three to five years as part of the childhood immunization programme.
- In The News: UK 5-in-1 baby vaccine. Minton, Kirsty // Nature Reviews Immunology;Sep2004, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p659
Reports on the implementation of a 5-in-1 vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Hib and polio for babies of more than two months of age in Great Britain starting September 2004. Changes made to the current protocol; Reason the pertussis component is being switched from a whole-cell...
- DTaP/IPV/Hib. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p248
An encyclopedia entry for "DTaP/IPV/Hib" is presented. It refers to a combined vaccine that provides immunity against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, poliomyelitis and Hib. It was introduced in 2004, wherein the polio and pertussis parts have been changed to reduce the risk of adverse effects....
- DTP. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;9/6/1996 Supplement RR-12, Vol. 45 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on the recommendations concerning the vaccinations for Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTP). Side effects and adverse reactions following DTP vaccination; Precautions and contraindications; Special considerations for preparations containing pertussis vaccine; Preparations containing...
- Better communication necessary to improve TDaP uptake. // Infectious Diseases in Children;May2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
The article reports that intake of the tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis (TDaP) vaccine may increase with better communication, according to a presentation at the National Immunization Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, from April 19 to 22, 2010.