- Coma recovery unlike in movies. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);8/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, pB1
Reports on the recovery process for brain injury patients who lapsed into coma. Mental and physical impairment after an impairment; Causes of traumatic brain injuries; Stages of recovery.
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY BRIDGES FOR BRAIN INJURY SUPPORT GROUPS. Zook, Betsey; Luken, Karen // Parks & Recreation;May2001, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p82
Reports on the use of technology-based services for persons with traumatic brain injury in the United States. Grant project awarded to the University of North Carolina; Impact of traumatic brain injuries; Role of support groups for brain injury survivors.
- BOOSTING BRAIN INJURY CARE. Giblin, Helen // Nursing Standard;
Neurology rehabilitation nurse Helen Giblin explains how she strives to meet patients' varied and complex needs while they are in recovery after a traumatic brain injury.
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Cognitive Rehabilitation. Turkstra, Lyn S.; Kennedy, Mary R. // ASHA Leader;7/15/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses rehabilitation options for people who have received traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Many soldiers returning for the Iraq War have suffered TBIs, but have a hard time getting reimbursed for the costs of rehabilitation. An example is given of a man who received a TBI in a car...
- (MENTAL HEALTH) $10M Funds State TBI Services Implementation. // Community Health Funding Week;9/11/2009, p10
The article presents information on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) States Grant Program. The program seeks to improve access to health and other services for individuals with TBI and their families. The program provides Implementation Partnership...
- ACQUIRED CEREBRAL TRAUMA: An Introduction to the Special Series. Bigler, Erin D. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Oct87, Vol. 20 Issue 8
Introduces a series of articles which deal with acquired cerebral trauma. Behavior of brain injured children; Treatment methods for the brain injured individual; Incidence, clinical characteristics and risk factors associated with pediatric head injury; Traditional psychological methods of...
- Reversing the damage. Hayes, Derren // Community Care;10/18/2007, Issue 1695, p34
The article provides information on a pioneering alcohol-related brain injury (ARBI) residential care unit that helps reverse the damage caused to the brain by alcohol established by Champion Crescent in Nottinghamshire, England. According to unit clinical manager Karen East, people with ARBIs...
- New technique helps to assess vegetative state. Kmietowicz, Zosia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/22/2000, Vol. 321 Issue 7255, p196
Reports on the development of the sensory modality assessment and rehabilitation technique (SMART) for use in the diagnosis of patients with brain injuries. Incidence of incorrect diagnosis of vegetative states associated with brain injury; Details of the technique; Outlook for the wide...
- Themes within Songs Written by People with Traumatic Brain Injury: Gender Differences. Baker, Felicity; Kennelly, Jeanette; Tamplin, Jeanette // Journal of Music Therapy;Summer2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p111
The study aimed to identify gender differences in the themes of songs written by patients with traumatic brain injury. Lyrics (1,834) from 82 songs written by 11 female and 21 male patients were categorized into 8 main themes and 24 subcategories. Incidence of subcategories and themes were...