New Fall Titles Dominating Hardcover Fiction Top 10
- Hardcover Bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;10/4/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 40, p96
Provides a list of best selling hardcover fiction and nonfiction books as of October 4, 2004. "The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower," by Stephen King; "Trace", by Patricia Cornwell; "The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown; "America (The Book)," by Jon Stewart, Ben Karlin and David Joverbaum.
- Song of Susannah (Book). Olson, Ray // Booklist;5/1/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 17, p1483
Reviews the book "Song of Susannah," by Stephen King.
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.
- Caribbean Book Publishers Organize. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p17
Reports on the creation of Caribbean Publishers Network (CAPNET) by book publishers of the greater Caribbean region. What inspired CAPNET; Expectation of appointed CAPNET President Ian Randle; Parties interested in funding CAPNET.
- Book publishing in Nigeria: Problems and prospects. Nwali, L.O. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter91/92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p65
Focuses on the book publishing industry in Nigeria. Problems in providing adequate numbers of high-quality books; Inadequacy of indigenous publishing in the country; Lack of professional expertise in bibliographic work and marketing; Advantages of indigenous publishing in promoting Nigerian...
- Touting a handful of bobtails deserving short odds in the book trade research sweepstakes. Abel, Richard // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall94, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p84
Reflects on the logical anomaly of a trade group devoted to the propagation and dissemination of information and knowledge, particularly in the publishing industry. Common response from the book trade; Contradictions within the book and journal world; Exclusion of books of entertainment;...
- Bookscan: A Marketing Tool or Literary Homogenizer? Hutton, Tatiana // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p46
Introduces Bookscan, a sales reporting system in the book publishing industry. Book companies that agreed to implement Bookscan; Controversy on the implementation of Bookscan; Concerns on its implementation.
- Trade rules! Chiose, Simona // Quill & Quire;Jul99, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p36
Reports on the changing market conditions in professional, trade and reference book publishing in Canada. Growth experienced by the online market; Factors attributed for the growth; Disappearance of the boundaries between trade and reference and general publishers; Decline in direct sales.
- APPENDIX B: EXPENDITURE AND PRODUCTION. // Royal Company of Printers & Booksellers of Spain: 1763-1794;1984, p161
Several expenditure and production activity of the Royal Company of Printers & Booksellers of Spain are presented.