People In The News
- Markets Listings. Bakkum, Beth // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug2004, Vol. 117 Issue 8, p51
Provides information on several periodicals and publishers in North America. "Ruminator Review"; "California Journal"; "Filipinas"; "Instinct Magazine."
- New marketing team at Hyperion. // Publishers Weekly;9/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 37, p13
Reports that publishing company Hyperion has filled two top spots in its sales and marketing department. Laurie Rippon as named director of marketing and sales; Michael Burkin as named sales director.
- Market news. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Apr2004, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p47
Presents updates on several periodicals and books in the U.S. as of April 2004. Launch of "Time Out Chicago," a weekly magazine of entertainment listings; Focus of the "High School Hoops" magazine to be unveiled by The Sporting News; Launch of the Rounder Books program by music label Rounder...
- ANALYZE THIS. // Audience Development;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p10
The article presents statistics on various topics in the publishing industry, including the number of new subscriber registrations in one day to insider, the number of titles that folded through third quarter of 2009, and the number of times "Fortune" will publish in 2010.
- Who Killed the Six-Figure Serial? Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;10/1/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 39, p4
The article offers a look at the changes in the serial rights sector of the publishing industry. It mentions that the asking price for excerpts is only $1. It explores the implications of the low value of excerpts for publishers, authors and the entire publishing industry. The article also...
- Statistic Of The Week: Books on How To Write Books. // Book Publishing Report;3/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p1
The article presents information about the books on how to write books. The largest number of writing guides published in the last ten years was in 2001, when 531 guides were published. The number fell for two consecutive years afterwards, reaching a low of 365 in 2003, though the number rose...
- APPENDIX. // UK Country Profile;2008, p75
Information about the publication policy of "Country Analysis Report: United Kingdom" is presented.
- CHECK IT OUT! Baker, Rebecca // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);2/28/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p5
The article offers information on the acknowledgements accorded by the publication regarding the continues patronage of readers to the periodical.
- Building on 'ship-shape.'. Vinocur, M. Richard // American Printer;Dec2008, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p35
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working at "Graphic Arts Monthly" as a technical publisher.