CINEMA ATTENDANCE GOES NORTH UP NORTH
- EUROPEAN UPDATE. Fuchs, Andreas // Film Journal International;Apr2004, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p120
Presents news briefs on the film industry in various European Union countries, as of April 2004. Statistics of cinema visits in Great Britain in 2003; Information on the digital initiative fund for non-theatrical venues in the country; Details of the international film festival of Milan, Italy.
- The Cinema Market: What About Russia? Fedorov, Alexander // Canadian Journal of Communication;Winter1999, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p141
The article examines the challenges by film industry in Russia. It states that the Russia's theatres now consists completely on American films called auteur cinema which can be seen only in Russian theatres in Moscow film museums or festivals. It notes that motion picture audience in Russia...
- My Two Cents on 'The 2wenty' Prange, Stephanie // Home Media Retailing;1/8/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p6
The article reflects on the revamping of the commercials shown in theaters. It criticizes reconstruction of advertisements into The 2wenty. It denounces the showing of interspersing commercials in the theater chains. It offers a suggestion for motion picture studios to make a better experience...
- One Thing That Will Put People in Theater Seats. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;7/17/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p14
Discusses several factors that affect the box-office performance of the U.S. motion picture industry. Reasons behind the decreasing attendance of moviegoers; Views on the film "Cinderella Man"; Suggestions to increase ticket sales.
- EYESTRAIN IN CINEMAS. // British Kinematography;Mar1954, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p86
The article focuses on the Interim Recommendation issued by a Committee set up by the Illumination Engineering Society for the developments in cinema film exhibition and the Interim Report of the Joint Committee on Eyestrain in Cinemas. The Committee recommended that limiting angles should be...
- Epic-hungry Poles send B.O. sliding. Hollender, Barbara // Variety;01/08/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 7, p19
Describes the status of Polish cinemas in 2000. Decline in the number of people who went to the movies; Ticket sales from 1996 to 1999; Reasons for the drop in attendance, according to market analysts; Expectations of distributors and cinema managers for the year 2001.
- Movie prices jump in Manhattan. // Christian Science Monitor;4/28/97, Vol. 89 Issue 106, p15
Looks at how an increase in theater prices will affect attendance at movie theaters in the Manhattan, New York. Price range for tickets.
- Starry nights luring German auds outside. Hils, Miriam // Variety;8/26/96, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the increase in popularity of outdoor movie theaters in Germany. Outdoor movie theater as an option for movie exhibitors to attract more movie audience; Traveling outdoor cinema theaters.
- PLAYGOERS ON THE OUTDOOR STAGES OF EARLY MODERN LONDON. THOMSON, LESLIE // Theatre Notebook;2010, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the behavior of audiences at outdoor stages and stage-sitting at open-air theaters in early modern London, England. An audience's disruptive behavior at a public playhouse is noted in the poem "Epigrammes and Elegies" which was written in 1594-95 by Sir John Davies....