New York's $2.6B MAC Deal Set for Week of Oct. 25
- N.Y.C.'s STAR Corp. Remains Secure With Credit Ratings. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p36
The article reports that New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. has earned credit ratings equivalent to the state's Local Government Assistance Corp. This despite the fact that Governor George Pataki's administration has said it will not include the annual $ 170 million appropriation...
- N.Y.C.'s STAR Sale, Massachusetts Deals Highlight Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p6
Reports on the sale of bonds of New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. Value of the refinancing that STAR will sell; Addition of two Massachusetts deals in the sale; Components of the STAR deal.
- NYC Delays $650M GO Sale Till Nov. 3. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p2
The article reports that New York City plans to sell $650 million of general obligation bonds next week in a deal that will include a $100 million taxable tranche. The new-money deal was originally scheduled for this week but was delayed to accommodate the city's $2.6 billion Sales Tax Asset...
- The Market's New STAR. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p1
Reports on the reaction of the municipal bond market of New York City's proposed sale of Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. (STAR). Reasons why the proposed STAR sale is considered an attractive deal by bond buyers; Governor George Pataki's opposition to the deal; Expected price of the STAR bonds.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...
- N.Y City's STAR Plans $2B Tax-Exempt Sale. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34172, p1
The article focuses on the statement of spokesman for city Comptroller Scott Stringer, concerning plan of New York City's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. to sell two billion dollars of tax-exempt, fixed-rate bonds on September 23, 2014 after a two-day retail order period.
- "As Quoted" Debt relief. Brearton, Steve // CA Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p11
The article presents the views on Canada's deft handling of its debt crisis. In 1992 Standard & Poor Corp.'s (S&P) downgraded Canada's federal credit rating due to soaring central and provincial debt. By 1995 it was suggested that Canada's finances were closer to those of Argentina than of the...
- Are Short Sellers Informed? Evidence from the Bond Market. Kecskés, Ambrus; Mansi, Sattar A.; Zhang, Andrew (Jianzhong) // Accounting Review;Mar2013, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p611
We examine whether short sellers in the equity market provide valuable information to investors in the bond market. Using a sample of publicly traded bond data covering the period from 1988 to 2011, we find that firms with high short interest have lower credit ratings and are more likely to have...
- Capital Planning and Debt Financing in Uncertain Times. Stichler, Jaynelle F. // Health Environments Research & Design Journal (HERD) (Vendome Gr;Fall2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p38
The article addresses the challenges in healthcare design and construction in terms of capital planning and debt financing. It mentions the credit rating downgrades for healthcare organizations being given since 2006. On the other hand, those with good credits have improved capital market...