Tulsa Seeking Public Input on Proposed $239M Bond Sale
- Tulsa, Okla., Sales Tax Extension To Fund Several Deferred Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32274, p3
This article reports on the proposal of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Mayor Bill LaFortune to extend the city's third-penny sales tax that would bring in $437 million over six years. LaFortune announced that the city would sell bonds supported by the sales tax to collect enough money to complete the deferred...
- Denver Will Back Up $300M Federal Loan. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p4
The article reports that Denver, Colorado will secure a 300 million dollars federal loan for redeveloping its Union Station train terminal.
- Tucson voters scheduled to face $278.1 million bond package in May. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/26/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30815, p3
Reports that voters in Tucson, Arizona will decide in a ballot in May 16, 2000, on whether to approve bonds to finance a range of city needs. Information about the bond package at issue; Percentage of assessed valuation of general obligation debt that can be borrowed by the city; General...
- Taylor Takes Tulsa. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p27
The article reports on the victory of Democrat Kathy Taylor over Republican Mayor Bill Fortune in the general election in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Taylor has resigned as Governor Brad Henry's secretary of tourism and commerce to challenge the incumbent mayor. According to LaFortune, Taylor will manage...
- WASHINGTON: Liberty Lake Library Loses. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p9
The article reports on the rejection of a $9.8 million bond measure by the voters in Liberty Lake, Washington. According to unofficial result from the vote-by-mail election, more than 61% of the city's voters said no. Bond proceeds would have financed a combination library and community center...
- Middlesex County, N.J., Gets State OK to Prime the Redevelopment Pump. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p40
Reports on the New Jersey's Local Finance Board's approval of the Middlesex County Improvement Authority's plan for a bond sale that will jump-start a redevelopment project in Perth Amboy. A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.'s underwriting of the sale; Proposed construction of a new courthouse in the city.
- A future out of focus. Rademacher, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;12/23/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p4
Comments on the economic development in Reno, Nevada. Increase of the municipal bond rating; Marketing of general obligation bonds to refinance debt; Diversification of economic base.
- CALIFORNIA: San Diego Stays Private. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/4/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32850, p9
The article reports on the plan of Mayor Jerry Sanders of San Diego, California for almost $103 million of new borrowing through a private placement. The private bonds, to be issued through the San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority, would finance a variety of deferred capital...
- City Attorney Says He Will Block San Diego's $103M Private Placement. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p3
The article reports on the plan of Michael Aguirre, the elected city attorney in San Diego, California, to block a city plan to borrow $103 million via a private placement. Aguirre believes that the city's lease-purchase agreement for the bonds is illegal. He argues that the bonds must approve...