Report: Medicaid Spending Devours Fifth of State Funding
- MPTF sets care plan. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;2/24/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Motion Picture and Television Fund (MPTF) to continue its long-term care services on its facility in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California.
- Shielding assets for Medicaid: The note and loan strategy. Cona, Jennifer B. // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;May2009, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p36
The article discusses the Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) of 2005 which was designed to restrict Medicaid eligibility by changing the rule on the transfer of asset. It is stated that the act which was ratified into law on February 8, 2006, aims to eliminate transfer of assets strategies during the...
- Invest in your frontline workers. Mor, Vincent // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;1/16/95, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the need to involve frontline workers in long-term care facilities in the care planning process. Benefits of frontline involvement in care planning; Results of research at the Brown University; Effects of worker involvement and turnover rates.
- Legislation needed for free personal care in Wales. // Primary Health Care;Jun2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the plan of the Welsh government to introduce a free personal care for nursing homes. Need for the creation of a legislation on the plan; Budget needed to implement the plan in a year; Reaction of Health Minister Jane Hutt to the plan.
- Controlling budget variance. Penner, Susan J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct2004, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p86
Discusses controllable and uncontrollable budget variances in long-term care settings. Profit variance; Rate or price variance; Quantity or employee efficiency variance.
- Faith-based provider forced to sell off 6 nursing homes. Mullaney, Tim // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Philadelphia-based long-term care provider Catholic Health Care Services has announced on August 20, 2013 to sell its six nursing homes and one assisted living facility to cope up with a budget deficit and presents the views of Archbishop Charles Chaput regarding the same.
- MEDICAID MANAGED LONG-TERM CARE: IS FLORIDA READY? BELL, REBECCA C. // St. Thomas Law Review;Fall2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p103
The article focuses on the medicaid managed long-term care in Florida. Topics discussed include functions of medicaid managed long-term care as well as Florida's historical use of medicaid managed care, U.S Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines for providing long-term...
- Providers grade Washington's long-term care performance. Peck, Richard L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct2004, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p22
Presents the results of a survey on the views of long-term care administrators on the performance of government policymakers concerning issues of critical importance to the industry in the U.S. Medicaid reimbursement; Tort reform; Tax cuts on private long-term care insurance.
- Lawmakers pass sweeping Medicaid reform. Dunn, Jamey; Johnson, Lauren N. // Illinois Issues;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the passage of the Medicaid reform of House Bill 5420 led by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and sponsored by Chicago Democratic Representative Barbara Flynn Currie. It mentions that the state could save about 775 million dollars over five years if reform will be passed....