NEWS IN BRIEF
- NABE Sees Modest Growth, Some Signs of Inflation. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p2
The article reports on the industrial survey conducted by the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) which shows that the business conditions in the U.S. are improving despite of the slow economic activity and high unemployment.
- Director's Message. Landefeld, J. Steven // Survey of Current Business;Jul2005, Vol. 85 Issue 7, preceding p1
Introduces a series of articles related to U.S. economics, published in the July 2005 issue of the "Survey of Current Business."
- Rebuilding Our Manufacturing Base. Kolb, Brian M. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/19/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p17
No abstract available.
- NEW ORDERS DECLINE, PRODUCTION GROWING. // Metal Center News;Oct2002, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p52
Reports that economic activity in the manufacturing sector of the U.S grew for the seventh executive month in August 2002. Statistical figures supporting an increase in manufacturing activity; Impact of decline in U.S. dollar on export and import of metals in the U.S.; Supply of steel and...
- FortÃ© Capital's Selected Statistics. // CPA Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p79
The article presents U.S. economic and market data for the month of August 2007. According to the Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., job cuts increased to 79,459. The New York Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicated that manufacturing conditions in New York State remain solid but did weaken...
- The Economy in Perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2001, p1
Discusses the economic condition of the United States as of July 2001. Benefits of floating exchange rates; Status of the manufacturing sector; Exports of manufactured goods.
- MANUFACTURING IS NOT AN IDEOLOGY. Blanchard, Dave // Industry Week/IW;Apr2009, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the need of the manufacturing industry in the U.S. to come up with a new strategy to endure the recession in 2009 without having to wait for the government's approach to overhaul the sector. Chief economist David Huether asserted that investment spending by manufacturers...
- The Politics of Industrial Renaissance. MEYERSON, HAROLD // American Prospect;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, pA16
The article discusses the willingness of Americans to revive the manufacturing industry in the U.S. According to the author, the economy's shift from manufacturing to financing over the decades, with the finance and retail sectors profiting from the shift and manufacturers moving off-shore, it...
- Economic Data May Indicate Growth. // Quality Progress;Nov2003, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on indicators of the economic conditions of the U.S. as of November 2003. Overview of the growth in manufacturing sector of the country; Levels of employment in the sector; Assessment of the data released by the U.S. Institute for Supply Management on economic conditions.