AccuWeather debuts Forecast Center
- Accu-Weather. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/97, Vol. 127 Issue 44, p78
Features AccuWeather's UltraGraphix ULTRA weather graphic system. Platform compatibility of the system; Pricing for the system; Capabilities; Principle of operation.
- Galileo. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p10
Features the Galileo weather graphic systems from AccuWeather. Usability of the hardware and software system on creating and displaying weather graphics; Benefit of the system on meteorologist; Access capabilities of the system.
- Weather Services Battle. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the efforts of local broadcasters in starting 24-hour digital weather channels in order to compete with cable's Weather Channel and to maximize their own digital capabilities and weather operations. Number of television stations that use the forecasting tools of AccuWeather; Cable...
- Graphics heat up. Anderson, Karen // Broadcasting & Cable;12/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 52, p36
Offers a look at the technological art of weathercasting in the United States. Information on international weather services; Information about the Triton Real Time (RT) by Kavouras; Purchase of the Weather Central LiveLine system from Kavouras by WITI-TV; Features of AccuWeather's UltraGraphix...
- It's Raining Weather Gear. K. K. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p35
Presents information on several products on weather forecasting. Predictive Radar from AccuWeather; VIPIR 3D from Baron Services; StormHawk Reporter from WeatherData.
- Weather systems. Anderson, Susan // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p44
The article presents information on new weather technology and how it can be used to help protect the viewers. Weather company AccuWeather Inc. has introduced the CinemaLive High Definition weather display system, which presents realistic virtual sets and scenes, live performance on every layer,...
- Stations Looking for Any Edge in a Storm. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p65
This article focuses on the tools developed by several weather vendors to help U.S. broadcasters keep pace with the need to deliver weather online, on-air and on new platforms. Weather information and technology provider AccuWeather announced in April 2006 its third-screen network for local...
- The Big Picture and Little Challenges. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;5/22/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 21, p20
Focuses on the efforts of graphic vendors to enhance their high-definition (HD) capability and provide more captivating radar and storm tracking presentation tools to television networks. Features of the Volumetric Imaging and Processing of Integrated Radar HD system of Baron Services; Actions...
- Coverage Goes Hyper-Local. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;5/22/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 21, p22
Focuses on the efforts of weather-data providers to provide detailed local information on its Web sites. Weather forecasts offered by the Weather Channel on its site; Technology used by the Weather Channel to create synthetic weather measurements; Interactive channel developed by AccuWeather...