Bowker Acquires Syndetics and Best Books
- Bowker Buys OPAC Enhancer. // Library Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 18, p30
The article provides details of the R.R. Bowker Company's acquisition of Syndetic Solutions. R.R. Bowker announced September 27 the acquisition of Syndetic Solutions, provider of data enrichment such as cover images, summaries, fiction profiles, biography profiles, author notes, first chapters,...
- Bowker Acquires PubEasy. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the acquisition of PubEasy, an online book wholesale self-service center, by R. R. Bowker as of February 17, 2003. Target market of PubEasy; Plans of Bowker for PubEasy.
- Bowker to Buy PubNet. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;5/6/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 18, p13
Talks about the buyout of PubNet, the electronic commerce services for booksellers, by R.R. Bowker in the U.S. in 2002. Companies co-owning PubNet in equal shares since 1997; Estimated number of bookseller subscribers under PubNet; Estimated number of titles under PubNet's searchable database;...
- Book industry statistics from the R.R. Bowker Company. Peters, Jean // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p12
Reports on R.R. Bowker Co.'s compilation and publication of statistics on book publishing industry in the United States. Background on the R.R. Bowker Co.; Book title output statistics; Bookseller statistics; Library statistics.
- CSA AND INFORMATION TODAY ACQUIRE R.R. BOWKER FROM REED ELSEVIER. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8/9, p4
Reports on the acquisition of R.R. Bowker Co. by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts and Information Today Inc. from Reed Elsevier. How the acquisition is being accomplished; Products acquired by Cambridge; Corporate background of R.R. Bowker.
- Cahners buying Bowker, Thomson purchase is off. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;7/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 12, p14
Reports that the Xerox Corp. has signed a letter of intent with the Reed Holdings Inc. to acquire the Bowker company for its Boston, Massachusetts-based division, Cahners Publishing Co.
- R.R. Bowker acquires JA Micropublishing, Inc. DeCandido, Graceanne A.; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;12/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 20, p22
Reports that R.R. Bowker has acquired JA Micropublishing, Inc., creator of Corporate and Industry Research Reports (CIRR), Career Resources Information (CRI), and CorFile on Disc. Details on JA Micropublishing's services, including information from economists and analysts which is collected by...
- In The Bulletin Since Last Issue. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/29/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p24
Reports on various developments related to publishing technologies as of June 26, 2002. Announcement of scientific publishers of a project to create a comprehensive set of Unicode-compatible fonts for technical publishing; Catalog-management system introduced by Indian company Comdus Solutions;...
- BP Radar. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information regarding the publishing companies in the U.S. Barnes & Noble Inc. has reported in March 2007 its fourth-quarter consolidated sales of $1.9 billion and full-year store sales of $5.3 billion for the fiscal year ended February 3, 2007. R.R. Bowker LLC has launched...