2004 Hardcover/Paperback Advice & Misc. Bestsellers by Publisher
- Easy Does It. Grala, Alyson // License!;Jan2007, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses the success of "For Dummies" books, published and manufactured by John Wiley & Sons. Accordingly, the business started when the publication of "DOS For Dummies," which teaches consumers to make the most of their personal computers, has turned into a success in November...
- The Numbers Game. Riess, Jana // Publishers Weekly;3/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on the advantages of using the Nielsen BookScan and STATS tool in tracking the sales of religious books. Views of John Helmus, director of sales analysis and market planning for Wiley, on the benefits of BookScan for his work; Importance of the tools to publishers; Comparisons between...
- Strong FInish Boosts Gains At John Wiley. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the strong financial performance of John Wiley & Sons in its fiscal year which ended on April 30, 2004. Increase in the total revenue of the company; Percentage of rise in sales in the professional and trade group; State of sales in the higher education group.
- Revenue Down Slightly At John Wiley & Sons P/T Segment. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports that John Wiley & Sons Inc. has reported a slight decline in revenue for fiscal quarter 2005 in the U.S. List of the company's flagship titles for the quarter; Factor that caused the sluggish financial performance; Statement of CEO William Pesce, on what drives the year-on-year growth...
- Amid Reports, A Miramax Departure. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the hiring of Miramax Books senior acquisitions editor Susan Mercandetti by Random House. Implications of the hiring of Mercandetti for both publishing houses; Agreement between Miramax founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein and Disney; Views on the departure of Mercandetti at Miramax.
- Pearson, Thomson, Wiley Settle To Stop U.S. Sale Of Foreign Editions. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the efforts of Pearson Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and Thomson Learning Inc. to stop the sale of lower-priced foreign editions of college textbooks online in the U.S. Settlement of a lawsuit against Pelican Bookshop; Details of the settlement; Contention of the publishers.
- John Wiley & Sons Responding to Current Realities. Dyer, Lucinda // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p25
Focuses on the interest of publishing firm John Wiley & Sons in publishing books that respond to realities of corporate world. Target market of management books; Information on the book "Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business," by Gary Erickson; Story format of other...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p4
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. book industry. Vroman's Bookstore has been named Bookseller of the Year. The store was cited for its tremendous service to the community. Sales in Hachette's publishing operations in the U.S. and Canada were close to $500 million last year,...
- John Wiley Reports Gains in Sales, Profits. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the increase in the first quarter ending July 30, 2003 sales and profits of John Wiley & Sons ending. Types of books which contributed to the high revenue of the company; Deal which enabled the company to broaden its computer publishing business; Reason for the decline in the first...