Comcast Cared? 30,000 Ways
- Spots of Pride. Worthy, Chris // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn2005, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p59
Focuses on the establishment of the Spot of Pride program, a partnership between the city and county which provide surveys, maintenance and signage in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Formation of a community group to spruce up commercial areas; Payment for the site's construction and three years'...
- ARISE plans to install info kiosks. Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 95, p2
The article offers updates on the planned projects of Adirondack Residents Intent on Saving Their Economy (ARISE) in Tupper Lake, New York including the installation of several informational kiosks, the celebration of its success through the All Good Things event and beautification of the town's...
- Volunteers Groom Arlington National Cemetery Greenery. // Army Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p64
The article offers information on the 19th annual Renewal & Remembrance which brought in 400 volunteers to Arlington National Cemetery to join in beautification projects on 200 of the 624 acres of the historic cemetery in Virginia in July 2015.
- spruce up your 'hood. // Vegetarian Times;Mar2010, Issue 375, p20
The article focuses on the volunteer 2010 Great America Cleanup community project from March 1 through May 31.
- Tourists get credit for speedy revival. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/25/2011, Issue 2948, p11
The article features Briton Ben Southall, one of the volunteers for the clean-up of Brisbane, Queensland, following the January 13, 2011 flood.
- Tri-M Chapter Contributes to Community. // Teaching Music;Feb2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p13
Reports on a volunteer effort undertaken by the Brentwood, New York, chapter of the Tri-M Music Honor Society to beautify community property in the area. Aim to increase public service among teenagers; Publicity that the activity generated for the Brentwood chapter.
- Bronx community/young people to remove borough's graffiti. Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;11/25/95, Vol. 86 Issue 47, p33
Reports on the participation of New York City's youth in Bronx's beautification with the help of the Neighborhood Based Alliance (NBA). Graffiti removal; Plans for long-term youth participation in community projects.
- Pet portraits Residents pose with furry friends to brighten up estate. // Regeneration & Renewal;2/29/2008, p7
The article focuses on the art project developed by the Phoenix Community Association which aims to adorn a deprived estate in Brighton, England. As part of the project, more than 20 residents of Brighton have been photographed with their pets which included dogs, cats, rabbits, a hamster and a...
- Sullivan Renaissance grants workshop. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/31/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p19
The article reports on the workshop granted to community groups who joined in Sullivan Renaissance 2009, a beautification and community development program in New York. It indicates that the community groups who have completed the beautification project will receive a completion grant from 250...