Ex-Subs Didn't Buy Much
- Ahead of the Pack. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p32B
Focuses on the pace set by direct broadcasting services (DBS) companies in the competitive markets of the U.S. Cable Industry to win subscribers for Latino pay tiers. Growth of the Hispanic satellite subscriptions in the U.S.; Approach to the Hispanic marketplace changed by DBS company DirecTV...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p10
Reports developments on cable services industry in the United States as of June 2001. Move of Echostar Communications Corp. Chairman Charlie Ergen in bidding for DirectTV Inc.; Highlights of the CAB Local Cable Sales Conference in Salt lake City; Details of the meeting between Ecore Media Group...
- Nets: Schwinner's Tough But Reasonable. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6
Reports the effect of the merger between EchoStar Communication Corp. with DirecTV Inc. on Dish Network in the U.S. Responsibility of programming executive Michael Schwimmer; Increase in the number of subscribers of the Dish Network company; Reduction on the subscription cost of EchoStar.
- Network Drops Averted -- For Now. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
Deals with the decision of cable television (TV) operators, EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to avert its plan to cancel any TV networks in the U.S. Dispute between CBS affiliate KMTV in Omaha, Nebraska with Cox Communications Inc. over high definition TV signal; Contract of...
- Marketplace. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p39
Presents a financial update on several cable companies in the U.S. as of April 18, 2002. Cox Communications; Vivendi Universal, Echostar Communications.
- JOE ROONEY. Hibberd, James // Television Week;6/23/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25/26, p30
Profiles Joe Rooney, senior vice president of marketing for cable company Cox Communications. Career background; Contributions of Rooney to Cox; Plans of Rooney for Cox.
- CTAM Teleseminar Spurs Local Chapter Growth. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p26
Reports the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing teleseminar. Telecast of the event to regional CTAM chapters via satellite; Statement of Joe Rooney, vice president of marketing for Cox Communications Inc.; Adoption of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS).
- Street plugs into cable as EchoStar deal dies. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;10/14/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 6, p8
Reports the impact of the rejection on the merger of EchoStar and DirecTV by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on cable industry. Enthusiasm of cable investors to the decision; Benefits of the rejection to the shares of cable operators; Increase of shares for the affected cable operators.
- The Importance of Being Earnest. Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the importance for cable operators of being earnest in lobbying before U.S. legislators. Reason for the failure of Charlie Egen in lobbying for the merger of EchoStar Communications and DirecTV; Tips on lobbying; Pitfall of selecting a lobby shop. INSET: WHO'S WHO AMONG D.C. LAWYERS...