MID--SPLITS, VIDEO TELEPHONY: WE NEED A WIDER UPSTREAM
- Videophones coming of age. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Nov2003, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p48
Discusses the applicability of videophone technology for multiple system operators in the U.S. Drawback in the audio and video quality of the technology; Exploration on the feasibility of investing in the technology by Charter Communications Inc.; Development of videophone devices by companies...
- Living la vida Jetsons. Brown, Karen // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the rollout of videophone in the U.S. Demonstration of the benefits of the product; Market penetration of videophone; Use of the product in business enterprises.
- Desktop Videophone. // Accountancy;Mar1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1159, p157
Features a desktop videophone. Specifications; Capabilities; Applications.
- Videophone System Enables ASL Communication. // Electronic Design;3/1/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p6
Features the Sorenson VP-100 videophone system. Usefulness of the technology for the deaf and hard-of-hearing people; Capabilities of the technology; Process of operating the device.
- ET, phone home. // Investigate;Jan2007, Vol. 7 Issue 72, p92
The article features several high-tech products including the Ojo Video Phone from Telecom, the T-Touch titanium wrist watch from Tissot and the Pearl 8100 smartphone from BlackBerry.
- WorldGate's Videophone a Tool for Deaf. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p6
Presents information on the Ojo videophones of WorldGate Communications Corp. Price of the videophones; Plan of Aequus Technologies LLC to purchase WorldGate's videophones; Capabilities of the videophones.
- Sprint PCS Introduces First U.S. 2-Megapixel Camera Phone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/9/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p116
This article reports that Sprint PCS will introduce its first 2-megapixel camera telephone in the U.S. market as of May 9, 2005. It will also expand its selection of telephones with 15 frames per second (fps) Multimedia Service streaming video, removable Secure Digital or TransFlash memory,...
- Moving Market Data Without Interruption. Simms, Monica // Traders Magazine;Mar99, Vol. 12 Issue 149, p38
Focuses on straight-through processing (STP). Benefits of STP; Two technologies that contribute to STP; Drawback of Internet-based processing.
- Wireless turbulence ahead. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;09/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p50
Evaluates the impact of third-generation (3G) wireless standards on the North American market. Obstacles to the smooth deployment of 3G technology; Information on the different types of 3G technology; Speed of 2.5G technology in delivering data.