Cox Takes VoIP To Tulsa, Okla
- ARRIS Q5 DMTS COUPLES ARRIS QAM AND CMTS TECHNOLOGIES. // Modem Users News;Jun2004, pN.PAG
Arris Networks Inc. has introduced the ARRIS Q5 DMTS, the industry's first Digital Multimedia Termination System (DMTS). The DMTS is a new class of edge network device that will enable simultaneous delivery of today's MPEG-2TS and DVB-C based digital video content and emerging next-generation...
- Roanoke Test Goes Commercial. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p21
Deals with the launching of the voice-over-Internet protocol service of circuit-switched telephony firm Cox Communications Inc. in Roanoke, Virginia. Significance of the launch of the Cox Digital Telephone in Roanoke; Services offered to phone subscribers; Pricing of the telephony service.
- COX GETS READY FOR VoIP. // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the plan of Cox Communications to offer voice over Internet Protocol networks in the U.S. Companies included in the plan of Cox; Benefits of the plan to the company.
- Next-gen CMTS. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the launch of Release 3.0 of the Cadant C4 CMTS for voice and data over HFC networks by ARRIS. Enhanced scalability; Hardware-based wire-speed Layer 3 Internet protocol (IP) routing performance; Fault-tolerant operation with system control complex redundancy; Enhanced network...
- Cox leverages Arris in Oklahoma City. // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p16
Reports the decision of Cox Communications Inc. to leverage the line of transport and telephony equipment of Arris Group Inc. to deliver video and carrier grade voice services in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Cox: VoIP Not Ready Yet, But It'll Help Slash Costs. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the plans of telephony service provider Cox Communications Inc. not to incorporate voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) technology. Views of Chris Bowick, vice president of engineering at Cox, on VoIP; Features planned to be added by Cox to its telephony service in 2003.
- IMS MARKET NEARS $1.2 BILLION. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/15/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the research summary outlining the key product segments where IP multimedia subsystems (IMS) will have the most impact on telephone companies in the U.S. Indication of the forecasts made that the market for IMS-related infrastructure and equipment will gain much business...
- ARRIS UNVEILS D5 UNIVERSAL EDGE QAM. // Modem Users News;Oct2007, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
The article features the Arris D5 Universal Edge QAM modular edge network device from Arris.
- NCTA Confab Offers Up VoIP Advice and Chance to Ogle $20K TV-Equipped Bathtub. Hamilton, Laura; Tombles, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p38
This article presents information on the NCTA confab held in New Orleans, 2004. During the show panelists stressed that cable operator need to differentiate themselves from the telephony competition by offering more options rather than getting into a price war. Additionally the stability of the...