Roberts: VOD Stats Show Gains Over DBS
- Phone Is Comcast's 'Next Big Engine.' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to introduce Internet-based telephone services in markets by the end of 2005 according to CEO Brian Roberts. Expectations of Roberts on the technology; Features of the technology; Discounts to be offered by the company among consumers.
- ON VOD, EXCLUSIVELY. Umstead, R. Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the expansion of the video-on-demand (VOD) service offered by Comcast Corp. in November 2004. Premiere of Viacom's channel, Noggin, through Comcast's VOD platform; Predictions of Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts on the increase of VOD program downloads in 2005; Deal signed by...
- VOD's Cheerleader in Chief. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p40
Focuses on the views of Comcast Corp. chairman and CEO Brian Roberts on video-on-demand (VOD). Significance of VOD to the competition between cable providers and direct-broadcast satellite providers; Advantage of VOD for cable subscribers; Plans of Comcast to launch a preschool network for children.
- Philly's Phones: Comcast Emphasizes Telephony, HSD. // CableFAX Daily;1/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the message by Brian Roberts of Comcast during a Citigroup conference held in Arizona in 2006 focusing on video-on-demand and Internet telephony. Increase in Internet telephony subscription targeted by Comcast for 2006; Factor that will improve the cash flow growth of the Comcast.
- Behind the curtain: How Comcast. Robuck, Mike // CED;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p20
The article offers information on showing video on demand (VOD) by team of communication company Comcast's vice president Andy Hunter for increasing video subscribers. Topics discussed include viewing special event "Watchathon Week" from March 31 through April 6, 2014 provide 50,000 video assets...
- Comcast Unveils 'Project Infinity' HD Strategy. Dickson, Glen // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/28/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
This article reports on the launch of an initiative called Project Infinity by Comcast Corp. for the expansion of its high-definition (HD), video-on-demand and online content offerings in the U.S. in 2008. Comcast chief executive officer Brian Roberts announced the initiative during a keynote at...
- Showtime Offers Freebies. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the plan of Showtime to supply Comcast Corp. with some of its television programs for the MSO's free video-on-demand service. Highlights of the service; Negotiation between Comcast and other pay television programmers; Remarks from Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts.
- Tower of Babel, on Demand. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on a media conference held by the American Association of Advertising Agencies in New Orleans, Louisiana in February 2005 which discusses the difficulty of running commercials on video-on-demand (VOD) systems of cable operators. Participation of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts in the...
- Sprout leads spurt for Comcast VOD. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/11/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 29, p5
The article focuses on issues related to video on demand (VOD) in the U.S. According to Comcast Corp. chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, Kids Sprout saw more than 4 million hits in April 2005, making it the top free kids VOD category for Comcast right out of the box. Roberts, hosting an investors...