The Latino PLAYING Field
- Fox Sports en Ingles. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p2
Focuses on the efforts of Fox Sports en EspaÃ±ol (FSE) to offer cable operators an English-language secondary audio feed to complement its traditional Spanish-language feed in the U.S. Views of David Sternberg, executive vice president and general manager of FSE, on the objective of the...
- Hispanic market ripe for cable industry. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p23
States that the United States (U.S.) Hispanic market has potential for cable programmers and operators. Difficulties with the industry; Key to harnessing growth inthe insustry; Forecasted growth of U.S. Hispanic market; Details on the issue.
- Going Mainstream. Clark, Tim; Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p10B
Discusses moves of cable operators in the U.S. to market more effectively to the U.S. Latinos who are influencing much of American life. Median age of the U.S. Hispanic population; Cable penetration growth in the country; Signs of cable's growing interest in Latino markets.
- Weather Plans Spanish Spinoff. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on plans of The Weather Channel (TWC) to launch a domestic Spanish-language digital network for Hispanics. Employment of staff involved in Latin American networks by TWC for the creation of the service; Need of distributors for the launch of the service; Difference between...
- Cox courts Latinos with channel pack. Anderson, Kathleen; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 38, p16
This article reports that cable operator Cox Communications Inc. on Monday unveiled a new cable package for Hispanic American customers, Paquete Latino, which for $34.95 a month gives customers access to as many as 35 Spanish language channels. Channels offered include Tele-futura, Azteca...
- NASCAR Wins the Battle of the Goliaths. Plagenhoef, Scott // Auto Racing Digest;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p6
Reports the winning of NASCAR sports cable network. Relationship of the company with ESPN; Show shown on the network; Program specialty of the network.
- TENNIS, ANYONE? Dempsey, John // Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the cable television channels for women's sports. Efforts of cable operators in the U.S. to upgrade their system; Operations of cable channels.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p29
Reports developments related to cable television in New York as of August 2002. Sponsors for the coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament; Formation of a publicity advisory council by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau; Members of the council.
- Local cable rightsholders. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/96, Vol. 126 Issue 21, p46
Presents the names of the cable sports franchise rights holders for the Big Three cable television networks in the United States. Rights holders for the National Basketball Association; National Hockey League; Major League Baseball.