Modem--Fee Dispute Back to State Court
- Comcast Strikes Back Over Modesto Fine. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p2
Reports that the U.S.-based cable network company Comcast Corp. will pay a fine of $1 million, as part of a lawsuit filed by the city of Modesto in California, as of July 7, 2003. Factors that led to filing of the lawsuit; Possible utilization of the fine paid by Comcast, as part of the suit.
- Unhappy New Mexico Advertisers Sue Comcast. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p36
Some advertisers in Albuquerque, New Mexico have sued cable network company Comcast Corp., claiming they were misled as to how many cable homes would receive their regional advertisements. Comcast has not commented on pending litigation and will aggressively defend against allegations in the...
- NBC-Comcast Merger May Curb 'Cord-Cutting'. Hatch, David // National Journal;12/18/2010, p19
The article reports on challenges facing Seattle, Washington-based cable television network Ivi TV since it was launched in September 2010. Several broadcast networks have filed lawsuits alleging that Ivi TV does not have a permit to stream its signal live over the Internet. Ivi TV has insisted...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.
- Comcast Rolls Back Into South Florida. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the service launched by cable company Comcast in Florida. Information on a party held by Comcast to impress its employees; Background on the cable system launched by the company; Future plans of the company. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.