- The positioning and current situation of Taiwan's digital TV. Hsien-Tang Ko; Chi Chang; Nan-Shiun Chu // International Journal of Digital Television;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p95
Regulatory and content issues have hindered the development of Taiwan's digital TV, however, recently it has started to boom, with a penetration rate of 33.1 per cent in 2009. Survey findings on digital TV function and service demands indicate that high definition (HD), digital video recording,...
- Cablevision boosts high-def. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/12/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 50, p5
Reports on the enhanced delivery of the high-definition programming of Cablevision Systems Corp. to digital subscribers in New York. Citation of deals with several media companies; Introduction of high-definition video-on-demand services.
- Vendor relations. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast News;Sep99, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the differences of standards for digital television (DTV) around the world. Effects of the differences on marketing strategies; Preference of United States broadcasters for high-definition television (HDTV); Implementation of DTV with HDTV in Latin America; Option of Australia and...
- Viewers will demand HDTV, say backers. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p36
Discusses disparities between high definition and digital television. Speculations regarding viewer satisfaction with digital television; Significance of cost differences to consumers; Increased pressure on television picture quality from the computer industry.
- Format conversion synchronization. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p104
Discusses the format conversion synchronization for digital television in the United States, taking into account the importance of the 35 millimeter film in high definition picture. Materials used in the television programming; Conversion products to help the television broadcasters in the phase...
- Digital broadcasting cram down? Ciciora // CED;Oct99, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p92
Discusses the involvement of special interest groups in broadcast digital television. Auctioning of the parts of the television spectrum; Hidden tax scheme imposed by the government; Search for a high-definition television (HDTV) standard; Implementation of HDTV with the current television...
- HDTV's Killer App. Rosenbaum, Steven // MediaWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p18
Talks about the introduction of high-definition television (HDTV) to U.S. households as of November 2002. Estimated percentage of U.S. households which have digital TV; Suggested approaches that will move the market from early adopters to mass consumer demand; Contributions of HD to traditional...
- Out of Tune with HD Opportunity. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p28
Focuses on the conflict between cable industry and television set makers in the U.S. following the arrival of digital television (DTV). Significance of high-definition (HD) television content to DTV; Importance given to hardware in the television industry; Number of HD set-top boxes that...
- How to sell digital to digital sellers. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the obstacles to the growth of digital television in the United States. Lack of available high-definition television (HDTV) programming to generate sustained excitement; Absence of viewers to appeal to advertisers; Need for the television industry to develop HDTV-ready programs.