THE HARDWARE HEAVYWEIGHT
- NCTC: Pumps Up Buying Power. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p28
Reports on the decision of the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to increase its spending in 2005. Equipment that will be bought by NCTC to outfit cable operators; Changes in the equipment demands of its member; Role of Wal-Mart in the development of high-definition TV; Efforts made...
- Hardly Cooperative. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p10
The article reports on growth of the cable television cooperative National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC) in the U.S. It mentions that small member operators complained about how major multi-system operators (MSOs) have dominated the cooperative. It states that larger members believed...
- Awkward Moments With Broadcasters. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p16
The article highlights the joint annual meeting of the National Cable Television Cooperative held in Orlando, Florida. The National Cable Television Cooperative is a buying co-op for small cable companies and the American Cable Association. Speakers at the show said that small operators must...
- National Geographic lands Fox subs in TV co-op deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the cable television subscriber deal between United States-based cable network National Geographic Channel and the National Cable TV Co-op as of December 21, 2000. Terms of the subscriber agreement.
- A HISTORY OF COOPERATION. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p26
Focuses on the history and developments of the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) from 1984 to 2004. Details of a meeting conducted by cable executives in 1984 to discuss the issue of favorable license rates given by cable-TV networks to distributors; Business performance of the NCTC...
- AFFILIATION NATION. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p30
Discusses the efforts of Frank Hughes of the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to make programming affordable for small operators. Amount of money reaped by NCTC members from their collective programming purchasing cooperative, annually; Affiliation agreements of the cooperative;...
- NCTC taps four new nets. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p70
Reports on National Cable Television Cooperative's hiring of services BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, Game Show Network, The Outdoor Channel and Ovation. Terms of the agreement; Networks' expansion activity.
- CABLE'S INDEPENDENT ADVOCATE. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p34
Interviews Mike Pandzik, president and CEO of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC), about the cooperative. Basic rationale behind NCTC; Discussion of the formation of the cooperative; Opinion on the most dramatical change in the cable television industry as it relates to the...
- Reporter's Notebook: Co-Op Draws a Line. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p54
Reports on the annual meeting of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. before the week of August 7, 2000. Opposition to programming cost increases; Reaction to the proposed increase of license fees; Expansion of the membership.