VOD's In the NBC Universe, Says Baker
- PEACOCK FANS TAIL. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;4/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Audience share in the weeknight television programming of NBC Entertainment; Rating of the reality program "The Apprentice"; Competition to the television program "American Idol" on Fox Television.
- Thinking inside the Box. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/18/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 19, p8
The article reports that NBC Universal Inc. is poised to launch a major global, subscription-based, video on demand (VOD) service TV Box . NBC Universal international television (TV) head Belinda Menendez said that TV Box is the next step in the evolution of their branded on-demand product...
- Spain's ONO in the 'House' de Pablos, Emiliano // Daily Variety;7/26/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 16, p8
The article reports that Spanish cable television operator, ONO is offering Fox's program "House" on video-on-demand. According to the article, the Ojo video-on-demand service is part of a non-exclusive deal between ONO and NBC Universal. The program is broadcast over Sogecable's terrestrial...
- TNT betting on vid on demand. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/22/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 58, p3
Reports that the TNT network has added video-on-demand rights to its purchase of rights to the television program "Las Vegas" from NBC Universal company in the U.S. License fee paid by TNT per episode of the program; Terms and conditions of the purchasing deal; Number of episodes granted by NBC.
- ABC takes Sunday with its powerhouse lineup. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;11/8/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 27, p2
Reports that CBS Broadcasting Inc. and NBC Universal Inc. have improved their standing with special programming, but ABC's regular series hits dominated the opening of the November 2005 sweep. List of television programs that dominated in the opening; Ratings of the television programs; Overview...
- FALL SKEDS: SUR-REALITY RULES. Schneider, Michael; Adalian, Josef // Variety;5/24/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the planned schedule of broadcast networks in the U.S. for their television programs for 2004 to 2005. Number of sitcoms scheduled by networks in 2004 compared to 2003; Strategy of NBC Entertainment executive Kevin Reilly in programming comedies; Views of network executives on...
- Career Entertainment TV Employment With Ops. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p100
Reports on the launch of Career Entertainment Television in Los Angeles, California in fourth quarter 2004. Information on its programming lineup; Target audience of the network; Deals reached with cable operators.
- NBC Eyes Sterling for Fri. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;11/25/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p6
States that the television drama 'Mister Sterling' is a candidate to replace the drama 'Providence' aired on NBC as is it nears its last episode. Theme of 'Mister Sterling'; Remarks from the drama creator Lawrence O'Donnell Jr.; Growth of political dramas in the U.S.
- Girl Meets Cowboy. Moss, Marilyn // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/12/2007 Weekend Edition, Vol. 400, p62
The article reviews the reality television show "Girl Meets Cowboy."