THROUGH THE WIRE
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;2/13/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p5
The article presents news briefs on the U.S. media industry as of February 13, 2006. Larry Divney will step down from his position as MTV Networks president of advertising sales to become an exclusive consultant for the company. National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) and American Broadcasting...
- The Closer. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;9/4/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p6
This article talks about the promotion of Hank Close as the new president of U.S. advertising sales at MTV Networks. Close has been groomed for the top spot since 1999, when Larry Divney, former advertising sales chief, hired him as senior VP of advertising sales for Comedy Central. A few of...
- LARRY DIVNEY SETS SIGHTS ON MTV ADS. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the appointment of Larry Divney as the president of advertising sales at the MTV Networks (MTVN) in the U.S. in October 2005. Increase in the advertising revenues of MTV Networks for the third quarter of 2004; Information on the advertising sales packages offered by MTVN; Career...
- New Era For MTV Networks. Hay, Carla // Billboard;10/16/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the management changes at MTV Networks in New York. Promotion of Judy McGrath to chairman/CEO of the company; Role of Van Toffler as the company president; Appointment of Larry Divney as COO of ad sales.
- Lifestyle gears up. Osborne, Magz // Daily Variety;7/6/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 1, p8
Reports that cable broadcaster Discovery Lifestyle Networks will end its operations in India by the end of 2004.
- MTV moves ahead on Outlet. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/12/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 33, p10
Reports on the plans of MTV Networks for its Outlet 24-hour network for gays and lesbians in the United States. Failure of Outlet to launch in 2002; License fees of Outlet to cable operators.
- Cable Upfront Slow But Healthy. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;7/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p6
Reports on an increase in revenue of cable advertising in the U.S. in 2005. Value of cable upfront market in 2004; Significance of patience to Turner Entertainment to achieve profit; Views of Larry Divney, president of advertising sales at MTV Networks, on the profit increase in the company. ...
- MTV cues up power playlist. Martin, Denise; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/7/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p1
Reports on executives selected by MTV Networks (MTVN) chief executive officer Judy McGrath to run the cable business in the United States. Appointment of Van Toffler as MTVN Group president; Selection of Larry Divney as MTVN chief operating officer of advertisements and sales; Recruitment of...
- MTVN Sets Its Executive Roster. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p4
Provides information on employee selection in MTV Networks as of October 11, 2004. Appointment of Larry Divney as chief operating officer of advertising sales; Task of Van Toffler as president of the company; Expansion of duties of Brian Graden in the company.